• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Create a consecutive label in repeteable group

javier94

hello,

Imagine that i have a repeteable group with only one element.. this element is a "text area" element... and the label of this element is item 1...

i would like to know, how to create, a consecutive label in this group..

i have label "item 1" for the first element.. when I click in button " +" and I create a repeteable element, i need the label of the second element name be " item 2"... if i repeat and click in button "+" the third element label be name should be " item 3"

This is possible? or something like this?

Thanks in advance

Javier

I can't think of any way to do that with the label, no. About the only thing you could do is put it in the group intro (in the Repeat tab of group settings), where you can use the {i} placeholder for the repeat count.

-- hugh

Javier,

Not sure this will help, but you can use a counter to label the group (not the element). You might be able to use this technique to change content of a text block or a tip or something. I used it for the group name
Check out the screen capture. You'll see "Resource 1", "Resource 2" etc.

To do this, put text like this in the "Group Introduction" on the repeat tab for the group. The {i} is replaced with the group counter.
Resource {i} - Please click the green plus button to the right to add more resources. Click red minus button to delete resources.
-bob

hello bob,

i have tryed.. and works.... i can see resources 1 , resources 2, well i know another option.. to improve the desing, although i would like change the label, but cheesegrits told me is not possible..

many thanks

Javier

To do this, put text like this in the "Group Introduction" on the repeat tab for the group. The {i} is replaced with the group counter.
Resource {i} - Please click the green plus button to the right to add more resources. Click red minus button to delete resources.
-bob

Yes, that's exactly what I said to do in my previous post - use the group intro with the {i} placeholder.

-- hugh

Yes, that's exactly what I said to do in my previous post - use the group intro with the {i} placeholder.

-- hugh
That's weird. How did I miss it? You're exactly right, you already covered it. Dang!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Lol, yeah, I don't know how you missed it either, as it was about 70% of the two lines of text. :)

Anyway, glad @bgann contributed, or you would never have noticed.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back