1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

CSV Export Issue?

Discussion in 'Community' started by davez, Jan 11, 2018.

  1. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    On all my Joomla sites, I'm now having an CSV export issue. I'm not sure when this started (no one told me until today).

    In most cases, once the Download is ready, the link gives a full URL rather than a link to the filename, such as :
    https://www.handsontheland.org/educator-resources/list/8.csv?start=400

    It should, however, download the file: /tmp/member-list-2018-01-11.csv

    Any thoughts?
     
  2. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    Digging deeper...not there yet, but I have found that it's failing on all but one of my joomla/fabrik builds. Not sure why that one is working and the others are not. Here's one that is not working, I opened up the CSV download link to see: https://www.handsontheland.org/profiles.html
     
  4. troester

    troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Level: Community
    Can you try with SEF urls off?
     
  5. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    It works fine with SEF off.
     
  6. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    I replaced my older version of .htaccess with a newer one. This solved the issue on one site. But didn't on this site:

    https://www.handsontheland.org/profiles.html

    Now when I attempt to download the CSV, it just pushes me over to the page in a not-so-really-"CSV" view starting at row 400 rather than downloading the file:

    https://www.handsontheland.org/profiles/list/3.csv?start=300

    All of my Joomla/Fabrik sites have been around for years, could I have old outdated files that need to be purged? I am updated with the latest from the Github.
     
  7. troester

    troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Level: Community
    Which Joomla, 3.8.3?
     
  8. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
  9. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    I'm thinking that it has something to do with the server configuration, but all was working just fine just a couple of weeks ago, so a software update is part of the issue. I'm surprised no one else is experiencing this since it's so widespread on my sites. I have solved 2 instances, not the one above...just when the client needed CSV export (of course).

    The question is why is this particular server displaying the page when the extension is .csv. Shouldn't it be pumping out a downloadable CSV file? I'm not familiar enough with the mechanism here.
     
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  10. cheesegrits

    cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

    Level: Community
    What are your exact SEF settings?

    There were some changes to the J! router in 3.8 that require changing how we generate URL's called from Javascript ... but some of the issues only manifest with specific SEF settings.

    -- hugh
     
  11. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    public $sef = '1';
    public $sef_rewrite = '1';
    public $sef_suffix = '1';
    public $unicodeslugs = '0';
     
  12. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. cheesegrits

    cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

    Level: Community
    Hmmm, frustratingly enough, I can't replicate your problem:

    https://www.screencast.com/t/gADJQz7r

    I switched to those SEF settings, and it's exporting OK.

    I'd suggest looking through your 3rd party system plugins, see if there's anything that looks like it might mess with how documents are handled.

    -- hugh
     
  14. davez

    davez Member

    Level: Community
    Copied the site, copied the database, removed all extensions one-by-one, found it: a plugin called "System - DS Constant" was the culprit. Hopefully, someone else can use this info. Although, keeping my template alive depended on this extension.

    Thanks for looking into it.

    Edit: I was using DS Constant to support Jumi. So, I removed Jumi modules and DS Constant and it works fine.
     
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018

Share This Page