csv export

OK, the issue was that you are using an element in the calc that you aren't exporting, the main id, eqds_planning_diffusion___id_raw. So it's not being included in the data available for placeholders. I've included the id in the CSV and it now works.

I'm not entirely sure why it's not included in the data, as in normal list display it would be, but I think the CSV export options override "include in list query" for some reason.

-- hugh

Sorry, but i have another problem with export...
i have a list with date element filter set to range.
If i set a filter on this element, export no longer work (just open the popup and don't make export)
See menu "export / carte"

Thanks again..

Seems it's getting the date format wrong (switching day and month).

Filter 9/3/2015 - 12/3/2015 is exporting, but records with dates 3/9/2015 - 3/12/2015
In the list the correct records are shown.

If you choose dates with days>12 console is showing "DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (27/03/2015 00:00:00" and the export fails.

Day will come where date format will be the same all over the world, and devs could go sunbathing at the beach.

Export don't use the same format as list?

When I am elected Supreme Ruler of the Universe, time zones will be abolished, everyone will use the same date format, and multi byte character sets will be illegal.

-- hugh

I can replicate with your format settings, the problem is the / (with e.g. - it's working)
I think there's an other thread about this format

Hugh, just see your message about main_id, thanks.
Not a big problem to have the id in csv, so i'll do that.

And for repeat data ? (how to have a CR between each data to have it in several row in an excel cel)

Anyway, your have my vote !

What do you mean by repeat data? You mean in the Fabrik sense? Are you doing "merge rows" on repeated groups? How does it render atm? I've never exported repeat data as merged.

-- hugh

In the list it's "<ul class="fabrikRepeatData"><li>name1 </li><li>name2 xy</li></ul>", in the export it is just "name1 name2 xy" without any separator.
(raw is e.g. "[""7"",""5""]" )

"Replace linebreaks" seems to be only for text (areas) containing line breaks.

yes, it's that!

Additionaly, i have two yes/no element in repeat data (with merge rows) witch display only the first joined row . See export / Suivi Materiel, field "re?u" and "A facturer"

I've fixed the yesno thing and added the optional formatting of JSON for the non raw data, but haven't committed anything yey. Haven't added the actual options in the CSV settings yet. I'll finish up tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I just comitted what I have so far, as described in my last post. Still haven't added the option, so right now it'll just always format JSON repeated data in non-raw elements as newline seperated text.

And the YesNo element is fixed.

-- hugh

Don't see any change after update...
Do i missing something?
For yes/no element, problem is also in display list.

Don't see any change after update...
Do i missing something?
For yes/no element, problem is also in display list.

I just comitted what should be a fix for the list display for yesno.

Are you doing "merge and reduce"? Remember that will remove sequential repeated items which have the same value.

-- hugh

Ok, it work, thanks!

I take time for the first post subject, and this:

For 3 characters in Excel CSV see
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/0d9197b2c434319763de19aa538dc41c9163c866
(should only be if UTF-8, so is the encoding somewhere reset/set to default?)

i don't see difference between the original code and what i've making.
BOM is added when setting is excel and default or utf8, but i don't understand why when reading code.

So i think it's ok to merge.

For new line in repeat data:
Excel is very disappointing for csv import: when he find /n, even in double quote, he interpret that as a line end. I've tried with /r but no change.
Libre office is more friendly...

Can you drive me for resolve the date filter problem that inverse month and day (see above) ?

Another littler thing, but not specticic to csv: accent in element name was replaced by &eacute;
It's visible in export, but also when need to select element in fabrik.

I assume you mean element label (not name = column name, which can't have special characters)?
It's working on my site with accent and umlaute, what is your database collation?
Also LF resp the newly added \n are working in Excel for me (File encoding set to UTF8, File format=excelCSV, Heading format=element label)
upload_2016-2-7_14-19-14.png

in notepad++ it's
upload_2016-2-7_14-20-11.png

This file can be opened directly with Excel.
It seems it doesn't have "without BOM".

Excel is a pain, yes, but most customers...

This with/without BOM was really just googeling and try and error to get files to open and display correctly in Excel, I can't remember in which combinations of File encoding etc.
But it's working with the recent Fabrik version (and Office2010) on my site

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back