csv import Problem - sign diamond with question mark at end of data

MrPaule

Hello Community,

I have a big problem with the import of an excal csv file in a fabrik table.

I work with my data in MS Excel 2010. I export the table with the option "save as csv separated by delimiter" ( it is ; ). Then I import the csv file in fabrik with the options:
delete data: yes / format: excel (format saved from excel) / field-separator: ; / or tab separator: disable / text separator: "

Thr csv import works but fabrik set behind each data a sign looking like a black diamond with an question mark. The problem is that my php querys do not work because of this additional sign.

I also tried to load the csv file in an simple text editor (notetab), save it in diverent format and import the csv in fabrik. But it also doesn't work or i lost my german umlauts.
I also tried different settings in the fabrik elements - also no result.

Does anybody have a solution maybe? I can't work with the data tables including this strange sign.

Thanks a lot & kind regards
Paul

Attachments

• img-fabrik01.jpg
    img-fabrik01.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 677
Hi troester,

thank you very much for your tipp!
It seems working.
Hope Fabrik solve this problem anytime so it is not necessary to make this separate step.

Thanks & regards

I commented on that github issue.

Trying to deal with Excel output is a major pain in the backside. They don't adhere to anyone else standards, and even when they supposedly do, and you export it in some standard encoding from Excel, it's never quite the same as anyone elses implementation of the "standard".

But in this case, I have a feeling we can just lose that \0.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back