1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Database join, Cascading drop down, Add new

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mono, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Mono

Mono New Member

Level: Community
    Hello

I'm a newbie to Joomla and Fabrik but trying my hand to see how it worksI want to persevere because Fabrik seems great.

I have been struggling for a few days now with what I expect is a simple problem.

I have three tables relating to vehicles 'Tbl_make', 'Tbl_model', 'Tbl_vehicleDetails'.

'Tbl_make' has fields 'makeId' and 'make'
    'Tbl_model' has fields 'modelId', 'model' and 'makeId'
    'Tbl_vehicleDetails has 'LicencePlate', 'makeId' and 'modelId'

I have no problems here having used database join and cascading dropdowns works a treat.
    However at data entry of vehicleDetails I need the user to be able to add data to 'Tbl_make' and or 'Tbl_model'.

At the highest level I can use the add function, but in the cascading dropdown its not available.

I had then decided to have a selection in the dropdown of "Add new model", when this was selected it would enable a text box to enter the new model. I can't however get my head round the task.

Or if there is a better way I'd love to hear it?

Mono