Database Join in repeating group - not showing data

BTW ... having strange forum post issues. I just refreshed the page and didn't see my previous post (about having applied the update), so posted again, then saw my previous post and your reply.
(not sure if it is on the forum end or on my net connection).

It's Monday, woohoo. Just went to pick up on this one again, and the test account (author21) can't login - "your account has been blocked".

-- hugh

Have you had a chance to take a look?
I hate to pester, but we've been trying to get this functionality to work for a couple weeks now.

Hmmm, apparently my reply didn't post. I tried again, got the same msg. Can you retest?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Well, something strange is now happening. Everytime any front-end only (non-admin) user account tries to log-in, the account automatically gets disabled in the user system.
This wasn't happening last week and we've not touched it prior to this happening.

I'm trying to track this down and will update when resolved.

I have located the problem.
It appears that sometime in the past week of testing the 'authors' user account got deleted, which is required for most of the functionality that we were testing.
I'm trying to re-build this now.

Just FYI, I still can't login. Let me know as soon as I can.

I suspect I'm going to have to install an Akeeba clone of your site here to figure this one out. I'm pretty much out of ideas as to why it's working for me, but not for you.

-- hugh

Well, I just created a new, clean J! 3.6.5 site and installed CB, Fabrik (3.5.2 with github as of 2017-04-25). I set-up a very basic situation (similar to original site with problem).
  • List/Form - Books
    • Group - Books
    • Group - Book Team (repeating)
      • Element - sp_role; databasejoin on the table roles
      • Element - team_member_id; databasejoin on the CB fields with a WHERE clause that restricts the display based upon what was chosen for the sp_role element
As with the previous site, when we initially set go through the form and select team members and save, the data is properly saved in the repeating table (fab_books_4_repeat).
When we re-open the Book record, all the entries for the 2nd database join (team_member_id) have reverted back to 'please select'. And if you then save/apply, it then saves NULL to those values.

There is no other code on this test site, no JS or validations or anything.

So I am getting the same results on this test site as the original dev site, so not isolated to that site.

I've sent you full login/FTP access directly so you can see the issue there as well.

Unfortunately, that didn't resolve the issue.
(and I confirmed that line in the element plugin to make sure the change got applied).

In which case I'll have to get an Akeeba copy of your site and install it here. Which is a pain in the ass, as it takes about an hour to get it to the point it's installed and in a PHP Storm project I can xdebug. Usually I charge $100 for doing that.

Which site do you want me to use?

-- hugh

This is happening on both sites - even the clean install.
If this is working on your install, then either we've got a conflict with CB or I'm not configuring it the same as you (the live site only has fabrik and CB). I am running on PHP 7.x if that matters also.

I dunno what to tell ya. Works fine for me, creating new groups / repeats, saving, AJAX, loading ... can't get it to fail, in three different test forms, with a variety of WHERE filters, with placeholders from the same (repeat) group and from non repeated groups. I'm running PHP 7.1.

So the only option at this point is to install a clone of your site here. So point me at the one you want me to test with.

-- hugh

I responded via direct message about this. Can you confirm that you received that and if that is acceptable?

BTW ... did you happen to take a look (login) to the test site just to make sure this isn't just a configuration problem all along?
Just strange that I'm able to completely replicate this problem on 2 different sites, and one with a completely clean install.
Also, I'm wondering if you have CB installed on your test environment?
I'm definitely wondering if we've got some sort of conflict going on with CB; or if it is a server/host issue.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back