1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

DatabaseJoin and Date Plugin

Discussion in 'Community' started by wshealy, Mar 22, 2020.

1. wshealy

wshealy New Member

Level: Community
    Scratching my head.
    I have a single element (date) I need from the parent record (performance) so I did an element level databasejoin using the parent_id and label of date. The join works fine but it as it should returns the full date/time and I need to format it with the date plugin to mm-dd. It seems to me databasejoin and element type plugins should not be mutually exclusive but alas you can't select both.

My workaround was to do a table level join and then use the date plugin to format the date. This works but I end up with another 47 elements I don't need making the structure dizzyingly complex.

Tell me there is a way I am missing to do a element level databasejoin(plugin) and a element type plugin (date).

Thanks
    Wallace

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

The dbjoin element is storing the foreign key (usually/recommended the id), so you can't have an other element type.

For list joins: just disable all the elements you don't need (or even trash them, empty trash but obviously without deleting the underlying database columns).
    There's a Fabrik option "Unpublish cloned elements". If you are working a lot with list joins, list copies etc. it's easier to have all cloned (duplicated, child) elements disabled by default and then only enable the ones you need.

wshealy likes this.
  3. wshealy

wshealy New Member

I finally decided there is no way to use a element type plugin and a field level dbjoin plugin. I did what you suggested a list level join and deleted all elements for the un-needed fields. Things are much cleaner.
    ****Is there a way to make a join to a joomla core table read-only??