DatabaseJoin and Date Plugin

wshealy

Scratching my head.
I have a single element (date) I need from the parent record (performance) so I did an element level databasejoin using the parent_id and label of date. The join works fine but it as it should returns the full date/time and I need to format it with the date plugin to mm-dd. It seems to me databasejoin and element type plugins should not be mutually exclusive but alas you can't select both.

My workaround was to do a table level join and then use the date plugin to format the date. This works but I end up with another 47 elements I don't need making the structure dizzyingly complex.

Tell me there is a way I am missing to do a element level databasejoin(plugin) and a element type plugin (date).

Thanks
Wallace

The dbjoin element is storing the foreign key (usually/recommended the id), so you can't have an other element type.

For list joins: just disable all the elements you don't need (or even trash them, empty trash but obviously without deleting the underlying database columns).
There's a Fabrik option "Unpublish cloned elements". If you are working a lot with list joins, list copies etc. it's easier to have all cloned (duplicated, child) elements disabled by default and then only enable the ones you need.

I finally decided there is no way to use a element type plugin and a field level dbjoin plugin. I did what you suggested a list level join and deleted all elements for the un-needed fields. Things are much cleaner.
****Is there a way to make a join to a joomla core table read-only??

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back