Date element increments by 8 hours

SteveRL

I?m new to the component and I?ve installed a fresh 3.5.2 on my J!3.6.4 installation. I did fix bug with date string. Awesome functionality:) I?m having a problem with the date plugin in that the time sometimes increments by 8 hours. I get different (increment related) problems whether I store as UTC or Local. I?m not speaking about the default date_time, the problem is an element I have created called 'flight_date'. I am grouping and ordering by this element so it is effecting my list when the time increments. Come to think of it I shouldn't be ordering by this element but I'm still facing a problem in that it rolls to the next day eventually.

In UTC: Every time I update a record (via list form or inlineedit), regardless of what element I update, when I save, my flight_date element associated with the record increments by 8 hours forward.

In Local Time: When I copy a record, the copy is 8 hours in the future. Also, and maybe this is normal, but when Importing records, the time is 08:00:00, which is different from all other records which are 00:00:00.

Here is the current config of the flight_date element:
Show time selector: No
Store date as: Local Time
Format: Y-m-d
Default to current date: Yes
CSV Import: Normal
No Javascript / Evalcode / Validations

Related URL filtering Problem: I have a URL filter for now +1 day. It shows today and tomorrow correctly until 4pm, at which point it shows the following two days. I am in Los Angeles time zone which is UTC -8. Is there a way to base the URL filter of Local Time and not UTC?

I can't replicate with your settings - but dates are complicated.
"inlineedit": AFAIK this plugin is deprecated and may be the reason for issues.

I can see in your profile that you are a member since 2011.
So:
Is this site an updated one (e.g. from J!2.5/Fabrik3.0)?

So that is a little misleading, I installed Fabrik on a different domain but the project never took off. I've really only started using the software in the last few weeks. So it's a clean install of 3.5.2. I tested on a dev site without inlineedit, no positive change. However, I have discovered something through trial and error. If I change "Default to current date", the behavior changes.

Default to current date = Yes
Adding new records yields 00:00:00, but every copy yields +8 hours

Default to current date = No
Adding records yields 11:01:01 (or whatever the current time is), copy doesn't change the time.

I'm grouping and ordering by 'flight_date', so I need every time to be the same (e.g. 00:00:00) otherwise the records within the day go out of order.
Contrary to my thought in the first post, it turns out ordering by 'flight_date' is important, otherwise the grouped dates are shown out of order.

Is this a bug or am I approaching this incorrectly?

I can't replicate, with and without "default to current date" it's always adding time 00:00:00 (date set to local).
What is you Joomla time zone setting and your server time zone?
Do you have any other (non standard) settings in your date element?

Joomla time zone: Los Angeles
php.ini first line: date.timezone = "America/Los_Angeles"

I'm not doing anything non standard with the date element.

Another datapoint. After changing Joomla time zone to 'New York', a copy results in +5 hours, changing again to 'UTC', copy results in +0 (no change). Changing the date.timezone in php.ini has no effect.
So it works with Joomla in UTC but I'm sure there's a reason I don't want to run Joomla as UTC.

Any other ideas? I've noticed that after copying the record (which now increments the time +07:00:00), if I edit the record and click save, it resets it back to 00:00:00.

I can duplicate some issues when copying the date, for dates stored as GMT. I'm fairly sure I know why, because the copy functionality runs all the elements through the submission process as if they were coming from a form (for reasons), and will be expecting the date to be in local time, and will remove the TZ offset when saving. Which is probably going to be a pain in the proverbial butt to fix.

I also noticed that when copying a date with no time specified, it's changing 00:00 to 12:00.

What I can't replicate is issues with editing. None of the dates on my Date Torture Test form get modified when editing and saving.

I'll have a hack at that copy thing. Might take a while though, as the date code is mind bendingly complex.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back