Date range filter issues

Yes, Rob.

I just updated my test site to Fabrik 3.0.5-1036: http://www.gorod-dudinka.ru/fabriktest/

Now if we select only first field in range with any date from list and leave second field blank, we always get "No records" for the first time. But if we press "Go" for second time we get correct result.

And some issues from my first post:

4. As I can see, with one blank field in date range, intention is to fill empty field with current date. But I think, for users it can be confusing, especially if we use toggleable filter. I suggest always fill blank field in date range with the same date, what was selected in another, not empty field. So, if we select first field in date range with 2012-07-15 and leave second field empty, second field must be filled with same date - 2012-07-15.

5. And one more, is it possible to hide changing of date format then we press "Go" in filters or "Save" in forms? For example, if I select format for date elements %d.%m.%Y, then I save record, I see all date elements changes for short time to %Y-%m-%d %H:%M.

I just committed change which I think fixes 4, so we should now replace an empty range selection with today's date. I'm just not 100% sure I got the timezone handling correct. Let me know if ti works for you.

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh! It works for me! But I can't say anything about timezoning, because I use only local time in my project.

So it?s only one cosmetic issue with date element left for me ? brief date/time format changing then we press ?Go?.

Hmmmm. That may not be a trivial fix. I see that it is filtering correctly, just not filling out the filter value when the AJAX returns.

I'm in last minute panic mode before a trip to Eruope, so I won't have time to look at this one for at least a few days, when I get settled at my destination. So I'm raising a github issue on this, so it doesn't get forgotten. But it may be a while, as I have a feeling this may not be simple.

the issue is at:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/442

-- hugh

I'm still playing catch up, it'll be next week before I start working through github tickets.

I'm planning a day of Quality Time with the date element soon, as there's several issue I need to work through. I'll take a look at these when I get the date code laid out on the slab in the lab.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back