1. Thank you for all the good wishes. I'm headed in for surgery (lumbar fusion) tomorrow, Thursday July 31st, I'll be in hospital for three days, and out of action for a few days after that. See y'all in about a week! Hugh.

Default Connection and Adding New Table Issue

Discussion in 'Fabrik 2.0 Beta Testing' started by terp, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terp Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Level: Community
    Rob,

This one is a combination of two issues you fixed yesterday - the one about the default connection change not sticking and the error creating tables. :eek:

If I leave the default connection alone and just add a new connection to an external db, everything works fine now...table added, form, group, 2 elements, etc.

If I change the default connection to the newly created connection, the db settings stick now, too, whereas it was changing the database from the new db to the site default, if you remember correctly.

NOW, if you change the default connection to the new connection, then try to create a new table, it fires that 500 error. BUT, it did, in fact, create the table, form, groups, and elements?!?!? Strange.

500 - An error has occurred

add key: Table 'cb.test2' doesn't exist SQL=ALTER TABLE `test2` CHANGE `` `` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

So the steps to replicate this would be:

Add new connection to an external db
    Change the new connection to the default connection
    Try to add a new table (selecting the new connection)

It looks like what is happening is that selecting the new connection as the default is maintaining the database name (created a new MySQL db named 'external'), but the new table creation using the new connection is still using the site default db (in my case, 'CB').

I'll quit screwing around with the default connection now. :)
  2. terp Beta Tester Extraordinaire

...and just noticed this error in the table configuration screen after moving the default connection back to the site default to start fresh:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\CB\components\com_fabrik\models\connection.php on line 234

[edit] one more related issue, though not a showstopper. ;)

When you delete a connection (was removing the 'external' connection to start again), it shows the "1 item(s) removed" message, but rather than showing the list of connections again refreshed, it is showing the "About" Fabrik splash screen. ;)
  3. rob Administrator

try giving things a go now, i think ive fixed the latter issues, and I've fixed the 500 error msg, but for me the database table was being created in the connection you selected, not in the default one as I think you were experiencing.
  4. terp Beta Tester Extraordinaire

No, sir. Updated to 178, created a new external db connection, selected as default, created a new table, selected the new connection, save, fired this still:

500 - An error has occurred

add key: Table 'cb.test' doesn't exist SQL=ALTER TABLE `test` CHANGE `` `` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

CB being the db name for the site connection and external being the db name for the new connection.

[EDIT]: BUT, the table was, in fact, created in the new, external db! So it seems like we just need that error out of there and return to the table list.

You have to be sick of this one by now, but if you ever go back in to look at it, a little silly bug I found here: :)

On the site connection -> edit screen, IE shows this (but properly displayed using FF, of course). :)

"This is original connection, details are taken from Joomla's configuration.php file"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.