Design approach needed for fabrik app: inspection checklists

skyrun

My property management business (that runs on fabrik) has need for manager to be able to create custom checklists for cleaning and inspection tasks that their cleaners and inspectors would use when cleaning and inspecting our properties 25-50 times per year as guests leave.

There would be a unique cleaning and inspection check list (form) for each of our 600 properties, so 1200 checklist forms... They will be different, but built from templates that may have many items in them, but the users delete and add from there to create a custom version of the 'cleaning checklist template' to be their 'cleaning checklist for property A' then the items not needed deleted and new ones added.

My overall query if you choose to ponder it is 'is fabrik an appropriate tool choice for this?' and if so, how would it work... anyone have any similar use-cases they've done with fabrik?

As a fabrik 'developer' i could build a form that a user could use with the appropriate elements for checking and rating and fields to fill in (how many forks? etc) and validation and even the electronic sig. i think by using the existing element plugins and adding a few new custom ones i would make this work pretty well for one form.*

but then how do i approach creating 1,200 custom forms from the basic one... and how to make it so that users could do this... (does each checklist require it's on table/list since the elements will be different?)

one idea that comes to mind is developing a custom front-end app that would manually manipulate the fabrik tables to copy and allow customization of the elements for each form. much like the fabrik admin panel does. the app would manipulate the tables to create a new 'form 1234' with the appropriate elements that can be more easily customized by user. thinking about this makes me break out in a sweat... not a good approach.

any thoughts?

-----------
* in my usecase, a properties has one or more checklists and a checklist has one or more areas (interior, exterior, general) and an area has one or more rooms (garage, kitchen, etc) and a room has one or more checklist items and an item could have one or more tasks... so it's one big 6-layer deep tree. so nested repeating groups within repeating groups... not sure if fabrik is meant to handle that to begin with.

Barry,
We're not sure without doing some mini tests, definitely it would need to be designed not to have repeating inside of repeating. PM me if you want a quote for us to try this and, if it is possible, draft a design approach for you.
-Robbie

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back