• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Different forms

Hi all,

I need to be able to somehow create a form or multiple forms where one has only two entry fields for updating, but the other is view only and shows about 40 other fields.

Is there a way to accomplish this in Fabrik?

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC.

Yes. Copy the list (select the list in the Fabrik backend main list tab, hit the "Copy" button). This will create at entire new set of list / form / group(s) / elements, but still based on the same underlying data table. You can then configure the copy differently, including whether elements are visible / permissions on elements, etc.

--hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thank you so much! We ONLY need a different form view, so can we call the "new" form from the "old" list? I.e. we don't need the copied list, only the form.

Best regards,
Arnor

No, you have to retain everything.

It doesn't hurt having the extra list, it's just one row in a metadata table.

When you copy the list, it will give you the option of renaming the list / group / form, you should give it some distinct name to make life easier differentiating names on the backend. I'll usually add something in parens, like "Student Profiles (admin)" or some such.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

OK. No problem with more lists, but it doesn't solve my problem:

I have a Fabrik list on a Joomla page. From that list I have to access a form with one radio button group and one text field for editing. But I also need to be able to open a form showing more fields, from the SAME list. Like the Edit/View forms, but I don't see a way to tell Fabrik that I want more fields on the view form?

Best regards,
Arnor

That's not something we support out of the box.

You could still do it this way, by using a custom details link on the main list for the details view, which points to the details view of the copy, like index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=X&rowid={rowid}, replacing X with the form ID of the copy.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

So that would be the Custom detail URL on the Links tab, correct?

2017-03-23_13-08-09.png

BTW: Is there a list somewhere for the "Icon" names used in Fabrik? Is it what comes from the "media\com_fabrik\images" folder under Joomla? Hmm... no those images don't match. I've done a search in my entire xampp structure and I'm not finding any image files that match the ones that show in my fabrik app...

Best regards,
Arnor

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back