1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Disable Tool Tips

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by jeanette, May 5, 2012.

1. jeanette Member

Level: Community
    Could someone please provide some advice on how to disable tool tips on my lists?

I am using Joomla 2.5 and Fabrik 3.0.4 with an artisteer template.

I've updated to the latest Github for the list template, and can't get the right look on IE, Safari and Firefox....the only solution I see ATM is to get rid of the Tool Tips altogether.

Thanks,

Jeanette
  2. troester Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    You can add a custom_css.php with
    .floating-tip-wrapper {display:none!important;}
    Maybe you can use this class to add some styling to "re-set" the aristeer settings.
  3. cheesegrits Support Gopher

What's the issue in IE with the tooltip styling?

For me, with IE9, they look exactly like they do in FF and Chrome. That was one of the reasons Rob just rewrote the tooltip code from scratch, so we could have a lot more control over the styling. We had been using an open source generic tooltip library from elsewhere, but it didn't provide the level of control we wanted over styling.

So we'd like to get your IE / Safari issues identified and resolved in the main template CSS / tips JS code.

-- hugh
  4. jeanette Member

The first two examples are from IE8, the 3rd from Firefox and the 4th Safari

The forms for IE8 also have some issues, particularly when running through Citrix (for example all the buttons shift to the right instead of the left).

Prior to updating, there was no problem with how they looked in FF, but it was very difficult for users to add records in IE8, as the tip would cover the button. With the latest github, the IE8 is improved slightly (as the user can get to the button now) but FF and Safari don't look so good.

Attached Files:

5. troester Well-Known Member

Can you post a link to your list to check which Aristeer settings are breaking fabrik ones?
  6. rob Administrator

those screen shots look like the tip code BEFORE the latest changes I have made to the tip code, could you double/tripple check you have updated from github and as Troester say's post a link to the page.
    thx
    Rob
  7. jeanette Member

8. troester Well-Known Member

You should update the complete GitHub files.

Did you modify the fabrik default template (your nice PDF button)? If yes you should rename the default folder to e.g. my_default (and select this one as list template). The default template will be overriden during update.