Disappearing form, list plugins

sapiputih

Hi,
I have run across a strange thing in the past and now it is happening on a newer installation (fabrik 3.5.2 on joomla
Joomla! 3.7.2 Stable [ Amani ] 22-May-2017 09:46 GMT). I can't find the scenario in any forum or google search, but I'm sure a fix is out there, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Intermittently (I can find no pattern of why and when) when I add a second plugin to a form (e.g., form php follwed by a redirect; list php event followed by inline edit), as soon as I save the form/list, I can reopen it to find one of the 2 plugins missing.

I am happy to provide someone my site logon to confirm my (in)sanity. It just started happening on a list this morning,

Thanks for any help.

You can't run Fabrik3.5.2 on Joomla3.7..
J!3.7 needs at least Fabrik3.6, both have security issues, so it's STRONGLY recommened to update both to the latest version - Joomla3.7.3 and Fabrik3.7

Whenever you update J! to a new version (like 3.5 to 3.6, or 3.6 to 3.7) you MUST update Fabrik, other wise the repeat settings on the backend (like multiple plugins etc) will break. There's a J! class we have to override to get those repeat settings.

-- hugh

Whenever you update J! to a new version (like 3.5 to 3.6, or 3.6 to 3.7) you MUST update Fabrik, other wise the repeat settings on the backend (like multiple plugins etc) will break. There's a J! class we have to override to get those repeat settings.

-- hugh
Hello Hugh, in relation to your comments here and also this related thread: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/form-plugins-seem-to-be-broken.44280/, I suggest this is still an issue that needs to be addressed. If an admin such as myself updates their Joomla! from 3.7x to 3.8 with Fabrik 3.7 (and Fabrik 3.8 stable hasn't been released), when editing a Form, plugins get dropped because Fabrik 3.7 is looking for \administrator\components\com_fabrik\classes\38\field.php and silently fails when \38\ does not exist. I verified this via Process Monitoring. However, as this is an unusually strict requirement, I'd like to suggest that there is at least some type of error logging/reporting here when \38\ can't be found. But what I think would be a better solution is if Fabrik can't find \38\ that it at least falls back to the next lower version such as \37\. Once I understood what was going on, my quick solution was to copy the \37\ folder and rename as \38\. No plugin problems afterwards.

Cheers!

-Bill

Although I don't disagree in principle to throwing a warning ... it does say quite clearly when you update J! to "ensure that all your extensions are compatible with this version" (or words to that effect), and we always have a message at the top of every page in the forums saying whether it is safe to upgrade. This is especially necessary when doing a "first point" upgrade, like 3.7 to 3.8, when there are invariably sweeping changes within J! that require a fair amount of work for extensions to keep up with, and there will most likely be a period of instability with both J! and any large extensions. J! 3.8 is a good example of this, with a lot of problems surfacing in !J and many extensions.

However, yes, it wouldn't hurt to put up a warning in the backend if we can't find the right versioned override file, and I'll look at doing that now.

-- hugh

OK, I committed this:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/faca69b2bc2f104ccbefe18361e56914716ad01c

... which should show a warning if we can't load the override we need for the version of J!, and tells you not to use the Fabrik backend until you've resolved the issue:

Fabrik cannot find files required for this version of Joomla. <b>DO NOT</b> use the Fabrik backend admin until this is resolved. Please visit <a href="http://fabrikar.com/forums">our web site</a> and check for announcements about this version

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back