Displaying a List on a page with other content

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by peterk900, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterk900 Member

Level: Community
    Is it possible to include a Fabrik list on a page with HTML above and below ? For example - an article which wants to display one or more lists of database data.
    I've looked through the documentation that I have to hand but I can't see any examples - all seem to display the table as the only item in the front end. If the answer to this point is documented somewhere please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Peter
  2. rackem Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    1 person likes this.
  3. peterk900 Member

I've looked at the reference you provided. Thanks

I want to insert a list with id = 8 so I tried inserting the placeholder {fabrik view=table id=8} in the article but I get a 500 error.

The values in the P1ug-In Manager match the article - except Order 0 Content Load Modules. The post shows Plug-in : [Edit] but the page I see is titled Plug-In Manager : Fabrik.

Can you point me to where I'm going wrong ?

Thanks

Peter
  4. rackem Well-Known Member

Level: Standard
    Sorry, I haven't used this functionality myself so my help is limited. The link I gave was for F! 2.0 but I think I saw in some of your other posts that you may have switched to F! 3 with J! 2.5? If so, check out the F! 3.0 wiki section for the proper setup as I believe it is slightly different (e.g. table = list).
    1 person likes this.
  5. jfquestiaux Well-Known Member

Level: Professional
    As rackem said, if you use Fabrik 3, the code is {fabrik view=list id=8} ("list", not "table")
    1 person likes this.
  6. peterk900 Member

Yes - my stupidity, if I've learnt nothing else about this fabulous product I was aware that Tables in 2.x = Lists in 3.x.

And yes making this change nicely places my table in amongst text, pictures and videos. Fantastic !

Thanks again for your prompt help on this one.

Peter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.