DON'T modify 2 records in list

Hello,
I have a question. I have a menu that points to a list ... this list gives the option to
View, modify and delete all records.
I need the first 2 records (databasejoin), can not be modified.
It's possible?
Thank you
alberto

Good Morning,I have installed the plugin list - can edit row v3.5 and also version 3.8. The system says that it is installed correctly.Then I will enable the plugin in Extension / plugins and that plugin does not appear.I've been trying to enable the "caneditrow" plugin since yesterday and I can not find a way to visualize it.The plugins that appear are:
System - Fabrik
System - Fabrik Scheduled Tasks system fabrikcron
Content - Fabrik
Fabrik Cron - Email
Fabrik Cron - Run PHP
Fabrik Element - Button
Fabrik Element - Checkbox
Fabrik Element - Database Join
Fabrik Element - Date
Fabrik Element - Display Text
Fabrik Element - Dropdown
Fabrik Element - Field
Fabrik Element - File Upload
Fabrik Element - Google Map
Fabrik Element - Image
Fabrik Element - Internal ID
Fabrik Element - Link
Fabrik Element - Radio Button
Fabrik Element - Text Area
Fabrik Element - UserFabrik Form - Email
Fabrik Form - Run PHP
Fabrik Form - Receipt
Fabrik Form - Redirect
Fabrik List - Copy
Fabrik List - Run PHP
Fabrik Validation - greater than or less thanfabrik_validationrule
Fabrik Validation - PHP
Fabrik Validation - Regex
Fabrik Validation - is email
Fabrik Visualization - calendar
Fabrik Visualization - Chart
Fabrik Visualization - Google Map
Fabrik Visualization - fullcalendar
Fabrik Visualization - Media
Fabrik Visualization - Slideshow
Fabrik Form - Create Joomla User
Fabrik Form - Upsert

I also note that the page http://fabrikar.com/download
does not present any plugin ... and you have to go to this other page http://fabrikar.com/download-archive
it is right?

Thanks again.
alberto

Hello again
I have installed a new plugin for a test, and I do not see it in Extensions / pluggin to be able to enable it.
I remember that about 2 weeks ago, I was able to install and enable the UPSERT plugin.
I notice that the caneditrow plugin is inside the / web / plugins / fabrik_list directory
I have cleaned cache ... and nothing.
any ideas... ?
thanks for the support received
alberto

I have installed the plugin list - can edit row v3.5 and also version 3.8
You must install the version of your Fabrik installation, you can't mix versions.
It's strange that you can't see it.
Did you try Extensions/Manage?
Or Extensions/Discover? If you see it here it was not installed correctly, you can install it again (if it's showing the correct version).

(Yes, downloads are empty at the moment. It seems there's a script running which is cleaning up but disables to much entries)

hello...
I get the impression that I have a serious problem ...
can you see this doc file?
Thanks !!!

Attachments

• plugins errors26january.doc
    741.5 KB · Views: 23
Hello,
Did you see the previous document in word?
there are all plugins related to fabrik in "Extension / discover".
It is normal?
How could I solve it?

4 days ago I uploaded the directories to update GITHUB, which is in the attached image.
Is it possible that I did it wrong?

As you see in the image ... I uploaded all the directories except the fabrik_build directory.
I did not upload the files either:
.gitignore
.gitmodules
etc etc...

thanks ...

Attachments

• githubproblem26january.jpg
    githubproblem26january.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 73
there are all plugins related to fabrik in "Extension / discover".
This is exactly what you get if you are doing a GitHub update: all the code, all plugins you did not install showing up under Discover.
What did you expect? What is your problem?
WIKI: Update from GitHub

Install the canEditRow from "Discover"

Hello?
When a new version of joomla comes out, then will the plugins and components disappear in "extension / DISCOVER"?
I did not know this procedure and I do not quite understand the "discovered" theme at all (I'll study the link you sent me)
Now I have been able to ... install the plugin and activate it ...
I'll try the plugin ... and I'll tell you ...
In summary, what I want is that in the "list" I can modify only some fields and the first 2 (date of birth and nif) block them (so that it can not be modified) to see if I am lucky and it works for me.

I appreciate your patience and dedication
thank you again!

The Discover list is a list of extensions that you have uploaded but NOT installed into Joomla.

Select all the discovered extensions and click Install. Then go to Extensions / Manage and enable the plugin(s) you actually need (like canEditRow and canDeleteRow).

Then edit the List and add and configure the plugins.

I would not install extensions I don't need.
what I want is that in the "list" I can modify only some fields and the first 2 (date of birth and nif) block them
This sounds totally different from
I need the first 2 records ... can not be modified.
Do you want to block records (-> use list plugin canEditRow)
or do you want to block fields in a form (-> you don't need a LIST plugin, it's the form. Just set the access of these elements)

Fabrik has very find grained security - you need to define Joomla Groups and View Access Levels to segment your users into different types that can view or edit certain elements, and then you can do as Troester suggests and use element / group / list access to decide who can see them.

This is also the only way that you can ensure that users cannot hand craft URLs to forms to allow them to see data they are not supposed to see.

P.S. One View Access Level you should define is "None" which has no user groups allocated to it. You can then use this in Fabrik to stop things showing to any users.

I would not install extensions I don't need.
This sounds totally different from
Do you want to block records (-> use list plugin canEditRow)
or do you want to block fields in a form (-> you don't need a LIST plugin, it's the form. Just set the access of these elements)
Hello,
I have wrongly expressed my self...
I want to block for example the field date of birth and NIE / NIF, but not in the form, but in "List" and only when I modify fields in the list ...
Let's see if I can explain myself:
when I visualize a list, I have the option to modify ... up to here perfect, but I only want that it does not allow me to modify date of birth and NIE / NIF, the rest of fields yes ...

thanks again thanks ... I start to enjoy Fabrik! and I appreciate your collaboration!

The Discover list is a list of extensions that you have uploaded but NOT installed into Joomla.

Select all the discovered extensions and click Install. Then go to Extensions / Manage and enable the plugin(s) you actually need (like canEditRow and canDeleteRow).

Then edit the List and add and configure the plugins.
hello!! ahora tengo una opci?n clara de extensi?n / descubrimiento thanks thanks thanks

You can specify in the element's List View Settings whether you want an element to be shown in the list or not.

Similarly you can say in the Access settings who you want to be able to fill in the element in a new record form, who can edit the element in an existing record form and who can just view (but not change) the element in an edit form / details view.

If you have not already done so you need to set up Joomla User Groups and Access View Levels to match the different access levels you want to use in Fabrik (and you should include a "None" View Access Level so you can disable any Fabrik functionality you don't want to show to users).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back