Downloading/Printing the Wiki

barraclm

I am sure that Fabrik is wonderful and probably the best answer to my problem, if not the best thing since sliced bread. However, I am also finding Fabrik to be the most frustrating product to learn. Is there any way to download and/or print the complete wiki so that I can try and learn it offline?

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to learn Fabrik?

Fabrik is complex, not an application but an application builder with about 150 plugins.
So it depends a lot on your application(s) what you need.
And yes, it has a steep learning curve. I think it's mainly "learning by doing"

There's an index https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/special/pages
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/getting-started/

Keep in mind, the WIKI is community work, some entries may referr to older versions etc.

If you want to use extended features like PHP and JS hooks, adapting layouts etc you should know about php, HTML, CSS, MySQL, JS

The best way to learn Fabrik is just create what you want or need. If you have average knowledge of PHP, HTML, JS, and CSS is much easier. Im preaty sure that all Fabrik experts who answer our questions in the forum strats learning this way. None of them learned wiki but but years lateer they co-created and supplemented it.

For my opinion Wiki is just basic guidenens what you can do white Fabrik and how to do it. Fabrik is much much bigger then Wiki describes and BTW in Wiki missing quite a lot of stuff and instructions. Also Fabrik is alive there are allways something new and different for all of us.

Sure Fabrik is not prfect. Sometimes you can't do what you like/need but hey nothing in this world is prfect and don't forget it is free.

So, just dig in and start your project.

Depending on your earlier knowledge regarding database principles and html / css / js / php knowledge, it can take from a few weeks to several months until you feel "comfortable" with Fabrik, but believe me, it's worth it :) And when you get the hang of it, there's almost no limit what you can accomplish when extending the built-in features with a bit of custom code when needed.

And like mentioned already above, "learning by doing" is the best way for most people. Just take it step by step and tackle small piece at a time.

Fortunately there are wiki and forum which both are a really good help.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back