1. We suggest you do NOT update to Joomla 3.8.10 until we can resolve an issue it causes with caching in Fabrik. If you do install it, you'll need to disable Joomla's "System Cache" in the global System settings.
  2. Apologies for the recent server outage, a planned migration by our host provider to a new location turned into a bit of a nightmare.

[Dropped] Facebook Signup

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by aijosh, Jul 12, 2018.

1. aijosh

aijosh Member

Level: Standard
    I know I should research this and try my hands on it to see if it'll work but I'm trying to setup as fast as possible as I am pressed for time so I'll just as here.

Is it possible to allow users register with facebook login on a fabrik form?

My registration form is sort of long (not too long but I see it being an issue). I believe facebook login could help solve this since users just need to login with their facebook account and I get all their data filled into the list.

2. aijosh

aijosh Member

Anybody with an update on this?
    I believe pointing us to the right direction is part of the deal.

3. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    Response time in Standard is 3 working days. I'll get to this probably some time today, maybe tomorrow.

-- hugh

4. aijosh

aijosh Member

Ok. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

5. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Professional
    OK, no, we don't support Facebook signups.

There are J! extensions that provide this, and I believe they create J! accounts using the name / email from FB.

So I guess what you could do is have a separate account creation page, which uses one of those other extensions, and after account creation you can redirect to your Fabrik profile form, where they can optionally fill in whatever other info you / they want.

-- hugh

6. aijosh

aijosh Member

Ok.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I prefer not to bother the users with filling out any information.
    I'll figure something out.
    Thanks.