Duplicate Forms as Read Only - for guest user

kbfarrell

Hello...
I am trying to determine the best way (practice) to replicate almost all of the forms / lists on my site so as to have the same look for a "Guest" user - before they become a member. Is there a best way to do this without recreating each form and list? Will a simple "copy" of the forms and lists then changing to read-only be the way? Is that secure?
Thank you in advance!
Kim

You only have to set list access settings
add/edit records = registered
view records = public
(delete/empty = superadmin/nobody/whatever)

This way guests can view but not add or modify.

Troester... I can see the devil is again in the details! I realize I didn't mention the forms / lists all contain user specific information and I wouldn't want the general public to see that. From what I can tell, the only thing to do is manually replicate the lists / forms for guests only...

Thank you for the quick response!
Kim

You can prefilter a list (e.g. something like where status equals approved, apply to guest).
You can add access levels per element (add, form (=edit), details). If setting all to registered no guest can see this element.

But if these are a lot of elements then use the other possibility:
copy your list, disable all elements you don't want to show, maybe set prefilters.

I experimented with a hybrid solution (hoping I won't have any data integrity issue this way)... I made a "new list" (so I can have a guest table - not my membership one), copied the existing list (so I would have all the pieces - form, elements, etc) and then unlinked and moved all the elements I need to the "new list"... not setting its access to guest. Then I delete the "copied list and all but the table" to keep things tidy. Seems to work - still need to do a little more testing to verify nothing is getting back to the member tables. Might sound crazy, but with the elements and their specifics this seems the way to go. By going this route, the guests can play around a bit with the site before becoming a member.

Thank you again!! And please don't hesitate if you see something wrong with my logic - I am still quite new at all of this!

Kim

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back