1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

Edit multiple items [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Community' started by nofc_fro, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    Hello,
    I would like to change more items quickly. I have a table with these columns: id, product, stock.
    Example:
    1, bike, 30 $, 100
    2, wheels 15 $, 100
    3, water bottel, 10 $, 50

I would like to change the stock field of records 1 and 2 quickly.
    So I would like to change from 100 to 200 without changing a record one at a time.
    How can I do?

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Community
    You can use the update_col list plugin.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-columns-list-plugin/

This isn't a "core" plugin, so you'll need to install it, either from our Downloads page (accessed from the main page of our site) and install it through the normal J! installer, or (if you've done a full github update at some point) by doing a "Discover" in the J! installer.

-- hugh

3. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    With this plugin I can update an item, example "country", with a value already set in Edit List> Plugins> Update. If I do not want to insert a constant value but a variable value from the frontend, is it possible?
    For example, I have a list of products with different quantities, it is useful to be able to select 'n' records and change the quantity with a non-default value.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. troester

troester Administrator Staff Member

Level: Community
    Set "Allow user selection"=yes and in "User selectable elements" what you need.