1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Edit multiple items [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Community' started by nofc_fro, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    Hello,
    I would like to change more items quickly. I have a table with these columns: id, product, stock.
    Example:
    1, bike, 30 $, 100
    2, wheels 15 $, 100
    3, water bottel, 10 $, 50

I would like to change the stock field of records 1 and 2 quickly.
    So I would like to change from 100 to 200 without changing a record one at a time.
    How can I do?

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Community
    You can use the update_col list plugin.

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-columns-list-plugin/

This isn't a "core" plugin, so you'll need to install it, either from our Downloads page (accessed from the main page of our site) and install it through the normal J! installer, or (if you've done a full github update at some point) by doing a "Discover" in the J! installer.

-- hugh

3. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Professional
    With this plugin I can update an item, example "country", with a value already set in Edit List> Plugins> Update. If I do not want to insert a constant value but a variable value from the frontend, is it possible?
    For example, I have a list of products with different quantities, it is useful to be able to select 'n' records and change the quantity with a non-default value.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Level: Community
    Set "Allow user selection"=yes and in "User selectable elements" what you need.