1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

element data in content

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by rzilzer, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rzilzer New Member

Level: Standard
    I want to insert some data in an article, I am supposed to use:
    {fabrik view=element table=2 rowid=41 element= Registration_Form__Title_org_field}

Table=Registration_Form
    table id =2
    element=Title_org ( a field element)
    The row where the data is= 41

I get:

Fatal error: Class 'FabrikControllerTable' not found in /home/apache/htdocs/joomla/csf2009/plugins/content/fabrik.php on line 336

am I doing something wrong?
    svn 1420
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Level: Community
    I can confirm this error.

Working on it.

-- hugh
  3. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Should be fixed in SVN as of rev# 1424.

-- hugh
  4. rzilzer New Member

updated to 1424
    now getting:
    Notice
    : Undefined variable: activeEl in /home/apache/htdocs/joomla/csf2009/plugins/content/fabrik.php on line 174

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFullName() on a non-object in /home/apache/htdocs/joomla/csf2009/plugins/content/fabrik.php on line 174
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

That's probably because you've given it a non-existant element name. Make sure you have no spaces in the element=tablename___elementname incantation, and that you are using three underscores. I think your example above has only two, and has a space after the =.

I'll look at putting some defensive coding in to prevent a bad elementname from blowing up the page.

-- hugh
  6. cheesegrits Support Gopher

OK, I've tested, and it definitely work if you have the correct element name. I've also added some defensive code so it should just not print anything if the element doesn't exist, rather than blowing the page up (SVN rev# 1425).

-- hugh
  7. rzilzer New Member

working!!
    Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.