Element Dropdown

clawcorp

After updating from 3.9.2 to 3.10, I noted that dropdown lists were no longer displaying the label values correctly. This appears related to a change in list.php @ addLabel where the method call to getFullName changed parameters from (false,true(,ignored parameter)) to (true,true). This change forced labels to be translated to value and later on in elementlist->renderListData as the wrong key was being looked up, which I believe then defaults to the list's default key/value.

My current fix is to go back to 3.9.2:

$col = $elementModel->getFullName(false, true);

to reverse March 26, 2021 commit (commit: 3180d58ef2778590fcac2d9990f8f8309ad8128d)

Any suggestions otherwise appreciated. Thank you.

I can't replicate.
What are your exact element setting?
What is exactly showing/not showing where?

I created a new list/form with one element (aside from default date_time and id). For the drop down element, I believe all the settings are default except values defined as follows:

Value -> Label:
1 -> Default (Default sub option)
2 -> 1
3 -> 3

Only this dropdown is "Show in List" selected. So, if go to List and create a new row and select "1" (which should have a value of 2 in the database, which it does) when I return to the listing I see "Default" If I edit the row, I see the correct "1" label.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

ok, replicatable.
But only in the backend and only if you have a dropdown label = a value of an other dropdown entry ("1" in your example)
Can you confirm this behaviour?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back