1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Element Type: Database join; Render join as: Checkbox???

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by joaquinjgc, May 17, 2007.

1. joaquinjgc New Member

Level: Standard
    Would be posible that a Database join element type will be render as checkbox?
  2. echologic Banned

Level: Community
    Hi Joaquin,

Currently database joins can only render as dropdowns or radio buttons. But, we will take your request into consideration.

Thank you,
    -Graylan King
  3. macsimice Guest

I too support this request! It would be great if it could be added to future edits!

Cheers, M.

I am currently using fabik 1.0.4b on joomla 1.13...
  4. ohmybrain New Member

Hello,
    I see this thread is about six months old but I just ran into the same problem. I need to be able to add multiple selections so I was going to try to make an adjustment myself to convert the drop down into a multi-select drop down.

Can anyone point me to the component files where this element is created in the admin and rendered in the display side per chance?

All else is working great for me with Fabrik
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

You can't have multiple selects on join elements. It's a single field. It can only point to a single foreign key. Period. Hence we only provide a single select dropdown or radio set.

If you need to join multiple records, see this thread:

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=1670.0

... about using a repeated group.

-- hugh
  6. ohmybrain New Member

Hey Hugh,
    I may only need to join to a single foreign key as with some multi selects and check boxes all the entries are in one field seperated by comma. This is what I do with community builder.

ID = 72
    data_field = "bubba,buster,bobby,freddy"

Seems the repeat group would be looking for
    ID = 72 / Data ="bubba"
    ID = 73 / Data ="buster"
    ID = 74 / Data ="bobby"
    ID = 75 / Data ="freddy"

I will take a closer look at the repeat group gizmo

thanks for getting back to me.
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

If you simply need to select more than one column from the joined table row, use an advanced join and specify a CONCAT, formatted however you want the data to appear in the element.

But you can still only select one row at a time.

-- hugh