Email plugin doesn't attach my PDF & Placeholders issue

mvr10

Hello again.
I have nearly finished my attaching-a-custom-PDF-to-email program, but two last issues have appeared on my way.
First problem: I've already learned to create the custom PDF with placeholders in its title and upload it into a specific folder on my hosting, but it turns out that "email form plugin" only attaches already existing PDFs. Could you help me there, please?
Second problem: I need the PHP code I've used in order to explain it to you:
PHP:
<?php
require_once('libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php');

$foo = $formModel->getElementData('mytable_7_repeat___devices', false, '', 1);
$pdf = new TCPDF(PDF_PAGE_ORIENTATION, PDF_UNIT, PDF_PAGE_FORMAT, true, 'UTF-8', false);
  $pdf->SetAuthor('Sandhar');
  $pdf->SetTitle('Autorización de equipo/s: {source}<?php echo '$foo'; ?>{/source}');
  $pdf->SetSubject('Autorización');
  $pdf->SetHeaderData(PDF_HEADER_TITLE.' {source}<?php echo '$foo'; ?>{/source}', PDF_HEADER_STRING, array(0,64,255), array(0,64,128));
  $pdf->setFooterData(array(0,64,0), array(0,64,128));
  $pdf->setHeaderFont(Array(PDF_FONT_NAME_MAIN, '', PDF_FONT_SIZE_MAIN));
  $pdf->setFooterFont(Array(PDF_FONT_NAME_DATA, '', PDF_FONT_SIZE_DATA));
  $pdf->SetDefaultMonospacedFont(PDF_FONT_MONOSPACED);
  $pdf->SetMargins(PDF_MARGIN_LEFT, PDF_MARGIN_TOP, PDF_MARGIN_RIGHT);
  $pdf->SetHeaderMargin(PDF_MARGIN_HEADER);
  $pdf->SetFooterMargin(PDF_MARGIN_FOOTER);
  $pdf->SetAutoPageBreak(TRUE, PDF_MARGIN_BOTTOM);
  $pdf->setImageScale(PDF_IMAGE_SCALE_RATIO);
  $pdf->setFontSubsetting(true);
  $pdf->SetFont('helvetica', '', 12, '', true);
  $pdf->AddPage();
$html = <<<EOD
  <p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: 18pt;"><strong>Autorización para Uso de Soportes</strong></span></p>
<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="font-size: 18pt;"><strong>Fuera de las Instalaciones de la Empresa</strong></span></p>
<p style="text-align: right;"> Sandhar a Fecha: {mysql_date}</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Name</strong></span>: {mytable___name}</p>
<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Surname</strong></span>: {mytable___surname}</p>
<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Devices</strong></span>: {source}<?php echo '$foo'; ?>{/source} </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="text-align: center;"> </p>
<hr />
<p> </p>
EOD;
$pdf->writeHTMLCell(0, 0, '', '', $html, 0, 1, 0, true, '', true);
$filename = 'authorization_{mytable___name}{mytable___surname}.pdf';
$partialpath = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
$finalfolder = 'authorizations';
$iswritabledocumentpath = $partialpath . '/' . $finalfolder . '/' . $filename;
$isnotwritabledocumentpath = $partialpath . '/' . $filename;
if (is_writable($partialpath . '/' . $finalfolder))
  {
  $pdf->Output($iswritabledocumentpath, 'F');
  }
else
  {
    $pdf->Output($isnotwritabledocumentpath, 'F');
  }
?>
I don't know if I'm using $foo correctly, especially here, where I want to display the device name:
PHP:
echo '$foo';
I have a repeat group connected to a group with all my devices, and the form is associated to the repeat group. The HTML message of "email form plugin" doesn't seem to have problems with this, because the conflictive placeholder ({mytable_7_repeat___devices}) works perfectly there. But PHP code (which also should work with placeholders as well as the HTML message) of "PHP form plugin" only displays what I think it's the device ID. I can't use PHP neither in the HTML message nor in between ' ', even though I have Sourcerer (I know this last thing isn't related with Fabrik, but it's very bothering and I would appreciate a little help).

If you need more information, please do not hesitate to tell me.

that "email form plugin" only attaches already existing PDFs.
When are you running the PHP plugin, onBeforeStore?

From where are you running this code, from a php file or from the php code box?
In the box don't use <?php

You are in php, do string concatenation
$pdf->SetTitle('Autorización de equipo/s: ' .$foo);

And surely you can't use Fabrik element placeholders in the HTML you are passing to tcpdf (this is outside Fabrik), so fetch your data before and do also string concatenation.
I would start simple, hardcoded filename, hardcoded text, then go on if file creation and attachment is working.
As I said, this is all outside Fabrik.

Hello Troester,
I'm very new and I'm starting in the world of coding, so thanks for the comprension and patience. In relation to your questions, I'm running the PHP plugin from the box, and after the end of the form (getEndContent), but I've also tried with at the end of the form submission (onAfterProcess).

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a repeat group connected to a group with all my devices, and the form is associated to the repeat group. The HTML message of "email form plugin" doesn't seem to have problems with this, because the conflictive placeholder ({mytable_7_repeat___devices}) works perfectly there. But PHP code (which also should work with placeholders as well as the HTML message) of "PHP form plugin" only displays what I think it's the device ID.
I have modified the code (again), because I didn't realise a tiny detail. This is it currently:
PHP:
//$foo
$foo = $formModel->getElementData('my_repeat_table___dispositivo');
//also $foo = $data['my_repeat_table___dispositivo'];
Now "dispositivo" ({mytable_7_repeat___devices}) appears as "Array" in the PDF. What do I do?

Last edited:
What do you expect to get? A repeat has multiple entries. So do e.g. $xy[0] to get one value or implode your array to concatenate

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I expected to get the name of the device.

So do e.g. $xy[0] to get one value or implode your array to concatenate.
What do you mean with this? (Sorry, as I said, I just started coding.)

Your element is in a repeat group, so has multiple values. So the data ($foo) you get is an array.

Code:
// if you just want the first entry, do ...
$title = $foo[0];
// or if you want to concatenate all entries with (say) a comma, do ...
$title = implode(',', $foo);

If you just want to use the first entry, use $foo[0].

But as that's a repeat group ... I'm not sure what you want to use as the title if there are multiple instances of the group data.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,
I'm not sure what you want to use as the title if there are multiple instances of the group data.
This might help:
I have a repeat group connected to a group with all my devices, and the form is associated to the repeat group.
In this form, then, you can select one (or more than one) of the devices that are displayed. The device I want to appear on the PDF is/are that/those selected device. So I think that the title you are refering to would be what I just said. And I still have this huge problem:
I've already learned to create the custom PDF with placeholders in its title and upload it into a specific folder on my hosting, but it turns out that "email form plugin" only attaches already existing PDFs. Could you help me there, please?

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED: Hugh, your two options haven't worked for me, both of them. Text keeps appearing as "Array".
PHP:
// if you just want the first entry, do ...
$title = $foo[0];
// or if you want to concatenate all entries with (say) a comma, do ...
$title = implode(',', $foo);
----------------------------------------------------------------
A piece of my PHP:
PHP:
//$foo and $title, for {mytable_7_repeat___dispositivo}
$foo = $formModel->getElementData('nytable_7_repeat___dispositivo');
$title = implode (',', $foo);
//$title = $foo[0];

[···]

$html2 = '
<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>Dispositivos</strong></span>: </p>' . $title;

Last edited:
did you try to run the php plugin onBeforeStore?

Which element type is diposivo?
Try if you get something meaningful with $foo[0][0]

Last edited:
I'll try that, thanks.
I'll also try that, thanks.
Which element type is diposivo?
I didn't realise that "dispositivo" is a dropdown. I'll leave a screenshot of what I see below. "Grupo Dispositivos (EXT)" is the repeat group. Anyway, could I work with that in order to display the name of the device (that's what it means in Spanish "dispositivo" :))?

----------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Yes, it doesn't work.
I've already tried, only a number appears (which could be device ID, or now that I think, the dropdown value).

view

view

Last edited:
yup, then dispositivo is an array of arrays, $foo[0][1] should show the label of the first device

Ok, I'll try it and I'll let you know.

--------------------------------------------
UPDATE: nope, doesn't work. Blank space appears (the same as when I put a placeholder).

Last edited:
Yeah, getEndContent is run during page load, onAfterProcess is run during submission, and the data is different during those two phases.

Just do a ...

Code:
var_dump($yourVariableName); exit;

... in your PDF code to see what the data is during submit. If it's a dropdown in a repeat group, it'll be an array of arrays, because dropdowns submit as an array, and repeat element data is always an array.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh,
Sorry for the wait. I'm going to attach a screenshot of what appears to me as soon as I try to submit the form. What am I supposed to do with this information?
Thanks

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (288).png
    Captura de pantalla (288).png
    1.3 KB · Views: 77
I took the time for testing:
Creating a file in a php plugin running "onBeforeStore" and attaching it in the email plugin is definitively working, so concentrate on the data you'll get there.
Create the file (including some debug output)
Code:
$contents = "some text here";
$myapp = JFactory::getApplication();
$fileNameWithPath = JPATH_ROOT . "/images/atest.txt";
if(file_put_contents($fileNameWithPath,$contents )){
  $myapp->enqueueMessage("File ". basename($fileNameWithPath ) ." was successfully created.");
}
else{
  $myapp->enqueueMessage("Failed to create file");
}
Append it in the email plugin
Code:
$myapp = JFactory::getApplication();
$myapp->enqueueMessage("email attach running");
$files[] = 'images/atest.txt';
return $files;

To access the data you need in the php plugin see
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-form-plugin/#accessing-form-data
There are a bunch of possibilities, use the one fitting best for you.

To access your data in the email plugin see
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/email-form-plugin/#attachments
and/or the tooltips in the plugin.
Also for how to attach the file
upload_2019-8-10_12-40-53.png

Ok, I understand, I'll try that.
Thanks, I appreciate your effort!
----------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: still no luck, very frustrating. Thanks y'all for trying, though ;). Focusing on other projects now, maybe I'll restart this one in a while.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back