Email plugin: how to put form sender's address in Reply-to field

fabrikg09

If I use the email plug, it sends the appropriate form info to the correct address. But when the recipient opens this email, what appears in the "From" address (which is what the email program tries to reply to) of course, is the admin email for the site. So, if the email recipient tries to "Reply", they are in effect replying to their own address.

What I want to do is to automatically place the actual site visitor's email address (as the visitor filled in on the field on the form) in the "Reply-to" field in the email sent from the form.

I looked at the docs, but could not see a way to do this. I'm sure this is pretty obvious, but I don't see it.

TIA for your help!

Have you tried the From and Reply-to settings in the plugin, in the Options tab, which let you use placeholders (like {yourtable___email}.

Note that depending on your host and how your J! email config is set up, you may not be able to override the From.

-- hugh

It does most of the time. But there are certain mail setups that don't allow it. Glad it worked for you.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back