Email reminder in a set time before a deadline

MarcoA

Hello,

I started using Fabrik and I must say it?s really powerful!

I would like to send an email reminder out once to each appointee with 3 days notice, before the event

The list name is Calendar with two date elements:

user
objet
deadline date
deadline alert

I would like to calculate the value of the field ?deadline alert? with three days in advance based on the value entered in field ?deadline date? and send an email to the user.

I saw Email scheduled task but do not know if it's right for me.

What is the best way to achieve this goal?

Thanks to everyone for help

Marco

Yes, the Email schedule plugin would be what you need.

Add another element to your form, called something like 'reminder sent'. Make it a simple field element, default of 0, hidden, format is "INTEGER".

Then copy your list - select it in the main list tab on the backend, and hit "Copy". That will create a new set of list / form / group(s) / elements, based on the same table, which you can configure differently. It'll also offer to let you rename the list/form, name it something like "Calender (reminder)" so you can tell them apart.

Set up the email plugin, to use the copy of the list, to send the email you want, and set the "Update" options to set 'email_sent' to 1.

Put these three pre-filters on the new copy of the list, as ...

WHERE:
Field: deadline_date
Condition: less than
Value: NOW() + INTERVAL 3 DAY
Type: no quotes

AND
Field: deadline_date
Condition: greater than
Value: NOW()
Type: no quotes

AND
Field: email_sent
Condition: Not equals
Value: 1
Type: text

If you view that list on the backend, you should only see rows where the deadline is 3 days or less, and an email hasn't been sent.

The best way to guarrantee that your cron job runs is to set a "query string" trigger in the cron settings, and use your server's 'cron' job to do "wget http://yoursite.com/path/to/joomla?fabrik_cron=your-secret

That way you have better control over exactly when it runs.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back