Emails in dropdown list show [email protected]

BryanHix

Fabrik ver. 3.6
Joomla ver. 3.7.2
PHP ver. 7.1.5

Two tables joined by a third, many-to-many relationship. One element is for email addresses. When I open the JOIN table list to link a name with an email, the email pulldown list shows [email protected].

I need to see the email addresses to know which to link with the name.

While I'm using a Fabrik email validation, I've tried with and without it. No change. I also use 'Email Protector' from Regular Labs (https://www.regularlabs.com/extensions/emailprotector) I've checked its settings, I -think- I'm OK with it. It doesn't cause problems anywhere else.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Bryan

Good morning, Hugh. I assume you're in the southern USA, with an account name like "cheesegrits."

Email Protector is turned off, emails still not showing. ([email protected] in their places.)

Bryan

Are you sure you page isn't cached? If you turned Email Protector off, and you have the standard J! cloaking plugin turned off (which you should if you run Email Protector), then I have no clue what is doing that.

I run Email Protector, and just noticed that there's been a change, and it no longer handles emails in dropdowns correctly.

I'm looking at their code now.

-- hugh

Joomla's email cloaking off. Global Settings / cache is off.

Yes, I use Cloud Flare! Didn't think of that. Logged in, turned off email address obfuscation, and problem solved!! Like other people, I didn't realize CF's service cloaked email addresses.

Regular Labs Email Protector is back on and everything working correctly.

Hugh, thank you for your help.

Bryan

What are your settings on Email Protector, and what version do you have?

I have the latest, and none of the emails in my dropdowns get displayed. They get replaced by Javascript, which won't work in select options.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back