• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Embedded list popup

I added the related data link as a custom link to one of my elements and it works; but I cannot figure out what element to use to display within the element a preview of the child list (displaying 2 columns of related data within it). I’m trying to use a DBjoin or calc element; but I’m confused on how to reference the relationship from the parent list... Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, is it possible for my custom link to pop up with a media box (versus a full page) when the related data sub list opens (like the related data popup option)?
If so; what would I add / change to my custom link?
Thanks in advance.

Another strange thing happens when adding a record to the child list of related data. After adding s record and the add popup form closes; the related data list seems to get updated with the additional record; but loses the filter of only related records to the aren’t record (all of the child records are listed). Is this a bug or am I missing a hidden step? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Hello all.
I feel so close to finally finishing what I'm trying to do here; but I'm still stuck and could use a couple more suggestions. In regards to thread item #21; I've got a calc element that displays 1 column of related data in the parent list, per the following.
Code:
$myDb = JFactory::getDbo();
$myQuery = $myDb->getQuery(true);
$myQuery->select('po_number')->from('bw_pos')->where('fid_dbjoin = "{rowid}"');
$myDb->setQuery($myQuery);
$myResults = $myDb->loadColumn();
if (!empty($myResults)) {
   return '<ul><li>' . implode('</li><li>', $myResults) . '</li></ul>';
}
return '';

I really need to display 2 columns of related data within the calc element instead. So, I adjusted the calc element with the following; but I haven't had any success figuring out what to put after the following so that the 2 columns of data are displayed within the calc element.
Code:
$db = JFactory::getDbo();
$query = $db->getQuery(true);
$query->select('received');
$query->select('po_number');
$query->from($db->quoteName('bw_pos'));
$query->where('fid_dbjoin = "{rowid}"');
$db->setQuery($query);

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Code:
$result = $db->loadObject();
if (!empty($result)) {
   return 'received: ' . $result->received . '<br />po_number: ' . $result->po_number;
}
return '';

That will render it with a line break, but you get the idea, and can format it as needed, using $result->received and $result->po_number;

-- hugh

Hi Hugh.
Thank you for the suggestion; but it only shows the 1st row of related data. I searched the forum and found the following thread that got me there.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/solved-calc-element-to-return-multiple-results.41128/
In regards to thread item #22 above; I tried adding the Mediabox CK - A multimedia lightbox extension plugin. It works well; but I have an issue with the parent page not refreshing the related calc elemnt to display the updated data when I close this mediabox. I tried setting the Ajax calculation to Yes and added the Ajax observed fields '{bw_pos___received},{bw_pos___po_number}'; but the calc still doesn't refresh / update. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Another strange thing happens when adding a record to the child list of related data. After adding s record and the add popup form closes; the related data list seems to get updated with the additional record; but loses the filter of only related records to the aren’t record (all of the child records are listed). Is this a bug or am I missing a hidden step? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Bren,

did you find a solution for this?, a ihave the same problem.
Regards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back