EMERGENCY...Site down with Fabrik error, please help

Racmitch

We have not touched our site or made changes to anything, over the weekend this notice came up when we tried to access the site. "Nothing to see here. Move along. This file was created by Fabrik. If it is appearing in an unexpected location, the site admin should check the configuration of any file upload elements on Fabrik forms, to ensure that an upload path has been set correctly." obvioiusly this is a fabrik error, we need to correct this asap...i have never used the upload element in anything i ever made in fabrik... i don't know way it is showing this

Seems you are running an outdated Fabrik (<3.7) and Joomla version and your site was hacked.

I assume your site will show again after deleting this index.html in your Joomla root.
As first help for not getting hacked again rename the folder plugins/fabrik_elements/fileupload (or delete it).

Then make a backup of your site (files and DB, with e.g. Akeeba backup or manually).
Clean up
Update Joomla and Fabrik

thanks troester, there was 2 index.html files in the root, both were loaded with hacked info....like meta data naming the hacking group etc. so I will work on harding the security. Thanks for your help

Yup, this was a security hole we fixed about 6 months ago. I know it's a pain, but you really do need to keep up to date with both J!, Fabrik and any other extension you run. Security is an ongoing, ever present issue.

I would also suggest you look carefully at your install, and make sure you've found and removed anything that was uploaded through that exploit. One good way is to log on via ssh, and look for files modified recently, like ...

cd /your/joomla/root/folder
find . -type f -name '*.php' -mtime -7

Typically the only stuff you should find is in the cache and tmp folders.

And consider running the Pro version of Akeeba Admin Tools, to help detect that kind of thing on a regular basis.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,
I am trying to get an akeeba back up file working on my sandbox so I can test the upgrades before applying them to the live site. The sandbox version wont/can't connect to the back up file dbase. I have to ask Akeeba what i'm doing wrong. I can usually get a backup installed on another server without incident, but this one isn't cooperating.

Was the connection error during the Akeeba restore (kickstart?) or now on your Joomla site?

You can edit configuration.php manually to insert the sandbox DB parameters.
For running Fabrik make sure to open/edit the Fabrik connection to set the sandbox DB params.

the error, or "failed to connect" prompt was on the sandbox with the file I was running kickstart on. i did go into the config.php and change the dbase parameters, table prefix, user, pass, and dbase name with no luck. I usually don't have issues with akeeba, but this one is being strange, of it's just my luck...lol

Did you try to do Akeeba kickstart again?

Does your sandbox server have php7? This only supports MySQLi, maybe your old site was set to MySQL?

ok...got a copy of the site to populate on a sandbox server. now both the live and sandbox sites are showing all kinds of errors within fabrik. I had to roll the live site back to a backup before I updated and I'm still getting fabrik errors on a lot of places on the site (there are over 900 fabrik forms) the errors range from not resolving radio buttons to getting this error message when trying to save a form "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" I really need some help here please, this is way over my head and we have 1700 students on the site taking classes right now

Can you put your site infos (live site + dev site) in your-site, including backend access and exact descriptions which forms/menu items etc are throwing errors.?
Which Joomla and Fabrik versions have you running now?

Yes. Visible to Fabrik staff (although I'm not really staff...).
In any case you should create an extra superadmin user whom you can easily disable if you want to stop the access.

let me do one thing here first sir, we added a security service to the site after I update Jom and Fabrik to 3.8 they reconfigured our server to route through their firewall but changing DNS and A record settings and it seems some of the non fabrik issues started after that was done, weird log ins, saved fabrik form dates changing, not showing jom modules, the lot, then sometimes fabrik works correctly then it dont I have been instructed to remove them the security service first before following other trouble shooting ideas, does those server changes I mentioned sound like something that could happen when changing dns and A records and routing everything through a 3rd party firewall?

I don't know what your security service is doing exactly.
But pretty sure there must be some adaptions.

I'm using Admintools on several sites (Joomla security extension from Akeeba). There you must explicitely allow running php files in Fabrik's template folders etc.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/admintools/

If you can see 403 errors in your browser dev tool this may point to blocked files.

i am going to have them remove security first, then reach back out to you guys if still needed...the company is sucuri btw and the site is an absolute mess.

it's the same one and it works I just made sure. you asked me to add notes and I couldn't find a note section that's why I asked. I want you get you a regular user log in so you can see the error do you still have my email?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back