1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

Error in tablefilter

Discussion in 'Community' started by mirceat, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mirceat

mirceat Member

Level: Community
    Hello

Please help me with following problem:

SVN 1792

Fatal error: Call to a member function getFieldDescription() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\components\com_fabrik\models\tablefilter.php on line 385

Thank you

2. mirceat

mirceat Member

a little help here, please? Now i see that cascading dropdown filters doesn't work either, can't select second field based on first field value

I did not made any modifications, just update to latest SVN version

3. mirceat

mirceat Member

SVN 1797, still can't filter properly and still cascading dropdown element doesn't display values in second dropdown

Here is my config:

3 dropdown filters, all 3 using database join element

Selecting 1st filter will change label in second filter (randomly)? Reset, then select second filter, now the label from third filter is changed :) Worst part, i don't get any results, just the message i add for "Empty data message" option. (i try with both "Required filter" option enable and disable)

About cascading dropdown filters: nothing happen after i select first filter (this is for table view). Entering in form, i see only "loading" image, but nothing else happen.

4. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

we've recently rewritten from the ground up the filter code, so I guess this is an issue to do with those changes. However, I thought that rev 1797 + solved some issues with the database join filter.
    Looking at the cascading filter I see it still needs some work - I'll add a high priority ticket to this thread right now so you can keep track of where we are with fixing the issue

Rob

5. rob

hi try updating from the SVN - cascading dropdown filters should work now

Cheers
    Rob

6. mirceat

mirceat Member

Hi Rob

Cascading dropdown work now, but filter doesn't, i get "No data found" no matter what i try

Also, when i use "Link to table" option i see all rows, not only the ones i filter

7. mirceat

mirceat Member

Problem became bigger

SVN 1824

Many of our intranet users report that cannot filter using dropdown or cascading dropdown, they get "No data found" message. Problem appear in admin also

Reset option have a problem also, pressing reset will try to reset option but actually no reset was made, on new search user still have old filter applied

Ex: first filter - Store; second filter: Town

Using first filter will show "No data found" message. Of course, data exist in table

Press Reset, page refresh

Using second filter (Town): still get "No data found" message; i did not select it but first filter use previous selected value.

Tested in IE6, FF3, Opera 9, Chrome 2

8. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Rob is working on some filtering issues now, I've pointed him at this thread, hope to get this resolved ASAP.

-- hugh

9. mirceat

mirceat Member

Thank you very much, now we getting closer to corect results, i can filter data

What's left: now cascading dropdown have some problems:

ex: one database join and two cascading dropdown: 1 - region; 2 - county; 3- city; filtered data will show desired info but "city" element will lose selection and also, link table will show no records

Please see attachment to understand what i want to say :)

Attached Files:

10. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

So the 'telephone in stock' column is a 'related data' link to a joined table, which should have records?

-- hugh

11. mirceat

mirceat Member

Yes, users should see numbers of telephones in stock for selected store

12. mirceat

mirceat Member

SVN 1832

Cascading dropdown still not show latest selection

Using openstreetmap element will result in a blank page when user select "All" in Display Num filter

Speaking about Display Num filter. It is possible to not show this filter for certain tables? Why i'm asking: one of my table have 15970 rows..if i select "All" i will get error about memory

Thank you

13. rob

Fpor the display num question can you post that as a separate thread? This helps us organise things and stops issues being lost inside 15 + posts that relate to another issue.

I'll try to replcate the 2 cascading dropdown issues now

Rob

14. rob

try updating now, things should be better

Rob

15. mirceat

mirceat Member

well, cascading dropdown doesn't work at all now :D

Edit:

SVN 1846: now last cascading dropdown element doesn't get any value

16. mirceat

mirceat Member

SVN 1850: problem still exist with cascading dropdown filter, i can't get any value from first filter to second and third

17. rob

ack :( that should be fixed in the svn
    Rob

18. Soulseek

Soulseek New Member

Greetings,
    i still get this error, too.
    Fatal error: Call to a member function getElement() on a non-object in /****/components/com_fabrik/models/tablefilter.php on line 239

at SVN #1853.

19. rob

can you double check that you uploaded all svn files, and if so can youpoint me at the page where this is happening?

thx
    Rob

20. Soulseek

Soulseek New Member

Yes, i confirm that all files from latest SVN ( #1858 ) are uploaded.
    Unfortunately i can't give you the url in public, but I can send it via PM if you want...