Error relate to fabrik when upgrate joomla from 2.5.14 to 3.1.5

I get an error when actualise Joomla from 2.5.14 to 3.1.5:
Code:
Fatal error: Class FabModel cannot extend from interface JModel in /var/www/cc.joomla/components/com_fabrik/models/fabrik.php on line 91

My purpose is to actualise Fabrik from 3.0.8 to 3.1.x.

Now, i can do nothing - i can't even access Admin Panel.

Is possible to solve this?

Of course i have a backup.

Hmm, as long as you have the backup ...
I would try to update from GitHub (joomla3 branch) and see if this helps.

I can't go do Admin Panel after this. I can do nothing.

But,
I tried to restore from backup, disable fabrik, actualise joomla and install fabrik 3.1.x .

After this i can login to AP but i can't display my page - it doesn't display even home page with article but only user profile that was logged lately, i have no menu.

I use standard joomla template beez_5 and beez_20.

I try to add with my new joomla 3.1.5 new position of menu but this doesn't display also.

Can you give me any tip what to do with this?

If you are using Fabrik3.1 use the protostart template (Fabrik3.1 needs a bootstrap template to display correctly)
Copy your menu module to position7 (and enable after copying)

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_285.png
    Zaznaczenie_285.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 547
  • Zaznaczenie_286.png
    Zaznaczenie_286.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 520
  • Zaznaczenie_287.png
    Zaznaczenie_287.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 483
After GitHub Actualisation from version of today - there is better with forms - they are displayed - but very wrong,

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_288.png
    Zaznaczenie_288.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 419
  • Zaznaczenie_289.png
    Zaznaczenie_289.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 421
There have been huge changes in J! between 2.5 and 3.1, meaning that you are basically going to have to restructure your custom templates, based on the new Bootstrap template.

Did you upgrade a copy of your site, or your main site?

My suggestion is that you clone your site, so you have a usable version on J! 2.5.x with Fabrik 3.0, and we can start helping you to redo your custom templates in bootstrap on the J! 3.1 copy.

-- hugh

Hi, hugh

It is good idea to clone my site - it is to much problem after migration - even email and redirect plugin for forms disappeared.

I will restore tomorrow my J!2.5.14 from backup as usable version and make J!3.1.5 as second site

Added:

Can i get any link to right manual how to clone 2 sites on 1 server (linux debian 6.04 64 bit) so i had problem when try add second site with also J!2.5x to my serwer - here is my earlier post:
http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/inde...-page-with-fabrik-to-second-page-test1.35028/

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_290.png
    Zaznaczenie_290.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Zaznaczenie_291.png
    Zaznaczenie_291.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 383
After cloning a site you must open/resave your default fabrik connection to fetch the modified database parameters.

So in your new site cc.joomla3 go to fabrik connections
edit the default connection (with the same id as in your old site, =2 in your picture, where is connection 1?)
It should automatically show the parameters of the Joomla database of your new site
Check if they are correct
Save

After cloning a site you must open/resave your default fabrik connection to fetch the modified database parameters.

So in your new site cc.joomla3 go to fabrik connections
edit the default connection (with the same id as in your old site, =2 in your picture, where is connection 1?)
It should automatically show the parameters of the Joomla database of your new site
Check if they are correct
Save

It doesn't show the parameters of the Joomla database of my new site

Connection 1 --- at the beginning more then 1 year ago there was same old database for testing only - it was deleted

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_292.png
    Zaznaczenie_292.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 397
  • Zaznaczenie_293.png
    Zaznaczenie_293.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 439
Are you using the Joomla database as your fabrik database?
In any case on your new site you must edit the connection with the same id as on your old site (lists... are referring to the connection id) and set the new database parameters.

I am using my Joomla database as my fabrik database.

I try to change my connection manually to ccjoomla3 but after this i can't open any form and list of fabrik,

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_294.png
    Zaznaczenie_294.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 382
  • Zaznaczenie_295.png
    Zaznaczenie_295.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 378
  • Zaznaczenie_296.png
    Zaznaczenie_296.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Zaznaczenie_297.png
    Zaznaczenie_297.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 439
  • Zaznaczenie_299.png
    Zaznaczenie_299.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Zaznaczenie_298.png
    Zaznaczenie_298.png
    200 KB · Views: 411
Oooo! I am not yet quite sure if everything is OK - but was neccessary to logout and login once again - and it looks to work properly

Hi,

I actualise (once again) my second joomla site to J!3 and fabrik 3.1 (and fabrik to Github from yesterday) - now i can use only Admin Panel when try open site i get an error -
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JXMLElement::data() in /var/www/cc.joomla3/plugins/system/cdscriptegrator/includes/JScriptegrator.php on line 65

see screenshot

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_300.png
    Zaznaczenie_300.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 384
I disable line 65 and install scriptegrator - but problem persist and line must be disable,

can you advice me any proper solution of this?

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_301.png
    Zaznaczenie_301.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Zaznaczenie_302.png
    Zaznaczenie_302.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 388
I would try (didn't test it):
Copy your J!2.5/F3.0 site
edit fabrik connection
Install Fabrik3.1b (the downloaded version "...For both Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3....") via Joomla installer
update from GitHub (joomla3 branch)
Then update to Joomla3

I would try (didn't test it):
Copy your J!2.5/F3.0 site
edit fabrik connection
Install Fabrik3.1b (the downloaded version "...For both Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3....") via Joomla installer
update from GitHub (joomla3 branch)
Then update to Joomla3

Now i have new: http://194.181.162.166/cc.joomla315/
I did once again to this step: Install Fabrik3.1b (the downloaded version "...For both Joomla 2.5 & Joomla 3....") via Joomla installer
I didn't update from GitHub yet.

Now i try to see my fabrik forms and lists. I need to change for every my form and list : all templates to default - then i can see them: forms and list in Admin Panel.
On site i can see only forms, i can't see lists - i get message:
error 500: Layout default_row not found

What should do i next, i would see my lists on site?

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_303.png
    Zaznaczenie_303.png
    50 KB · Views: 421
  • Zaznaczenie_304.png
    Zaznaczenie_304.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 410
Oooo! this works - is neccessary to chose as site template "default" not "use default template".

So, i am going to next step: update with GitHub,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back