• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error while trying to add a new entry

Hello,

My list was working perfectly until I suddenly added a new entry and got the following error message: 0 DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (13/04/2018) at position 0 (1): Unexpected character
So now, I can still modify any entry of the list, however, as soon as I click on add, I get this error message.
Can someone help me understand what happens?
Thank you
My settings
Joomla 3.7 and Fabrik 3.6

OK, so how do I get to list 8 on the front end? You have a lot of menu links ... I don't feel like trying them all till I get lucky ...

-- hugh

I don't get the error message after clicking "Add".
Maybe a caching issue?
Try to clear browser cache.

I did try many times to clear the browser cache with Ctrl F5, with no success. The fact is when I try with the menu that you can find under View all/Export, it is working. This menu is using the same table. Export list is a copy of Confirmed order.

Hello, same error here when trying to add something to the list, is there any solution? Please help, people cant use the system cause of this error.

Error:
DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (--) at position 0 (-): Unexpected character

Is it a php 7.0 problem?

Thank you!!!

@7webcreator is running php 5.6.28

@7webcreator :
I can't see an error when opening a new record on your site - and I can't submit because Exhibitors is readonly, empty, with notempty validation.
If it's on new records only I would suspect it's some date default. Disable all your date elements and enable one by one to find which is creating the error.
BTW: I can remember threads about issues with date format with "/", so maybe test with "-" instead.

@isiway:
Only if adding? Frontend/backend?
Which date element settings (default, format...)
Do you have a link?

Thank you for coming back to me.
I know which date element caused this issue. However, I would like to know if I de-activate it, will I lose the data?

Unpublishing an element shouldn't do anything with your data.

(But a backup is always a good idea;))

I really can't follow you.

1. In non of my browsers I get any error message after clicking on Add in http://rocksolidpromotions.aposto.info/confirmed-orders
(where the form doesn't make sense because with "Add" you get Exhibitors as an empty readonly element with a not-empty validation)
So what are the steps to replicate the issue?

2. You say "I know which date element caused this issue". Which one? How do you know it's this element? Especially if you say "I unpublished all my date elements of the list involved with no success :confused: The problem remains"?

Did you try to change date formats?
Do you have custom code, plugins...?

Sorry, in the meantime in order to continue working, I have to duplicate the list and change the menu destination.

Please try this link http://rocksolidpromotions.aposto.info/confirmed-orders/view-deadlines.

I got this issue when I added a row, entered the date 14/04/2018 for the date element "open date" and saved. I did not change the date formats and also don't have a custom code on this date element. The only place where I have a custom code is for the date elements orders___DeadlineRmc2 and orders___Deadlinesmp. The code is as follows
Code:
$start = '{orders___OpDate}';
if (!empty($start)) {
   $end = new DateTime($start);
   return $end->modify("-10 days")->format("d/m/Y");
}
else {
   return "";
}

The form is Rock Solid orders process.

So I have followed your instructions (unpublished the 2 calc involved and changed the format with "-" instead of "/") . The error message remains when I click on add.

Sorry, I forgot to add an access level to see it. :oops: The other date elements are not involved. I just changed the format of the calc elements

Again: I don't get any error on Add.
But I also can't edit open date or exhibitors...
Did you try to use the code mentioned in the stackoverflow post?
Did you debug what is in $start in new record?
Did you try to use {orders___OpDate_raw}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back