Experience with reading a db with many to many relationships

cmendla

I have a situation where a previous developer left a mess with custom coding a j-business directory plugin.

Right now, we are trying to launch the site but are running into a mess of problems.

I wanted to ask a very general question.

I have some decent experience with Fabrik. I'm thinking about a semi temporary work around of using Fabrik to read the existing tables (and possibly use forms to write some data).

The main issue is that one of the customization of JBD is to have a many-many relationship with locations and providers. We want to sell listings for both providers and locations. Locations would have multiple providers and providers would have multiple locations

1. My guess is that Fabrik can handle many to many relationships. Is that correct?
thanks,

chris

For what it's worth.. I'm very impressed with the ability of Fabrik to handle the databases I'm working with. As I mentioned in another thread, the schema I'm working with breaks every single rule of normalization. However, Fabrik can read views so I'm creating views and reading those with Fabrik.

I am very glad that at least I can help somebody.
If you think it really benefits many users, you can put it somewhere in the wiki pages like video tutorials.
If there is any suggestion to create a new video, and I know how to do it, I'm ready to help again.
Thanks for the evaluation, @troester .

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back