1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you update to Joomla 3.9.16, you will have to update Fabrik from the latest GitHub version, to fix a bug introduced in Joomla, which makes it impossible to list front end folder locations in backend JForms. This affects things like template selection.
    Dismiss Notice

Explanations on Repeatable Groups

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by Incremental, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Incremental

Incremental Member

Level: Community
    Hi,
    as I clearly understand the Group concept in forms, I would have more explanations about Repeated Groups, as the wiki is not fully detailed on this subject :
    1. do you have some samples to understand the concept ?
    2. how is structured the database table ? I suppose that it is necessary to have the group max fields created (and empty by default)
      Repeat groups are a way to collapse Form presentation ?
    Thanks

2. Incremental

Incremental Member

Friendly bump ;)

3. rob

rob Administrator Staff Member

Repeat groups are for storing data in related database tables.
    Each row of data in a repeat group is stored in a row in the repeat groups's own db table.

So say I have a list countries, joined to a list regions and the regions group is set to repeating.
    Each region you enter in the countries form is store in its own row with a reference to its country id. The reference is defined by the fields you enter in the list joins section.

Its not needed to be filled in

Somewhat I guess, in that you can edit data from 2 db tables in one form.

4. Incremental

Incremental Member

Thanks it's clear now :)

5. Incremental

Incremental Member

Precisions added in the Wiki