1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

export in xls?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cap, Jan 19, 2020.

1. cap

cap Member

Level: Community
    hello, i am using now the export in csv. But i see it can be problkematic to conmvert it to a normal xls files. And this is a must for me as it is theonly way i have to manage data. So i ask if there is a way to export data to xls or some other workaround. Thanks

2. cap

cap Member

and seems like the exported csv from fabrik is not well done, i see datas like doubled, each field is repeated twice

3. mahmoodee

mahmoodee Member

https://ibb.co/ZcvQpFG
    set Include raw data to no

troester likes this.
  4. mahmoodee

mahmoodee Member

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/export-to-csv-customizing/

5. juuser

juuser Active Member

dimoss likes this.
  6. cap

cap Member

7. cap

cap Member

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. cap

cap Member

9. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

in list settings, Publishing/Csv.
    There's also an Excel-csv option.
    You may have to play with the file coding ( because excel still has issues with just utf8)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

cap likes this.
  10. cap

cap Member

I have set the EXCEL option but i still have a csv file, any idea?
    A part this at least now the csv exported can be imported in a xls file almost correctly.I the "" was a problem) There is only the first row that has dropdown cells, with a label called COLUMNX, don't know why. Do you know what i shall exclude from export to do not have this?(but i think it depend on the import wizard in Excel)
    Also, and very important, i can't get to export ONLY THE RESULTS coming from an applied filter. All records are exported

11. cap

cap Member

ok let me resume the thing
    I was able to export only the filtered records. The problem is that when i do some editing in the backend, frontend don t reflect THE change. Don't know what to do about this, cleaning joomla cache will not help, i am new to joomla, suggestion for that? (i know is off topic..but..:))

Still trying to have the output file as Excel file, but even if the option EXCEL is enabled in the list/publish/csv option, i still have a csv file.Would apreciate to have a xls file as output, if possibile from there
    Thanks

12. juuser

juuser Active Member

Yes, its not free, but I've relized in last years that all the good things should not always be free :) The time (money) I saved with this extension vs some other solution makes up the small fee several times.

13. cap

cap Member

i know what you mean.,And i agree, but i still have some time to dedicate to work fo a free option! :)

14. cap

cap Member

hello @troester could you please tell me more about the possibility of export Excel and what coding shall i do?
    thanks a lot