Fabric Forms in Projectfork Component

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by toomanylogins, Feb 22, 2012.

1. toomanylogins New Member

Level: Community
    Hello,

We would like to inc fabrik forms in the Projectfork joomla component. Tasks section has html area and we would like to include a form in the area in a similar way to the content plugin. Can someone point us to the documentation where we can work out how to modify the tasks section in projectfork to include a fabrik form.

Would this be a fabric plug-in or something for projectfork ?

Thanks
    Paul
  2. rob Administrator

that kind of depends as to whether the html area you can insert into in project fork is inside or outside of a <form> element (html wont allow you to put a form inside a form)

Then it depends if projectfork run that html through Joomla's content plugin code.

Presuming both of those conditions are ok then you can do

{fabrik view=form id=X}

to embed the form. Presuming that you have fabrik and the fabrik content plugin installed and published.

Replace X with your form id

-Rob
  3. toomanylogins New Member

Thanks for the reply Rob,
    Unfortunately Projectfork does not support the joomla content plug in. What I was trying to say (not very clearly) was do I need to write a Fabric plugin in order to get a from into PF or do I modify PF to call a Fabric form?

I guess its the latter therefore is there any documetation about how we retrieve fabrik forms.
  4. rob Administrator

yes the latter is what you'll need to do. Generally this occurs in thh component's view page with code like this:

Code (text):

//store the original option
    $opt = JRequest::getVar('option');
    //set the option to com_content - provides maximal support for content plugins
                JRequest::setVar('option', 'com_content');
    // import the html content helper
                jimport('joomla.html.html.content');
    //$text would be the current views output
    // run it through content.prepare which will trigger the content plugins
                $text = JHTML::_('content.prepare', $text);
    //reset the option back to the current option
                JRequest::setVar('option', $opt);

1 person likes this.
  5. toomanylogins New Member

I have this working using modules anywhere from nonumber. This lets me insert the module in a content area - very useful. the only and normally I can see and it appears the same for the content plug-in is if you display a table in a content article and then edit to record the form is loaded, but it is not loaded into the content area ? it replaces the page and you use to go back button to return to the article.

Is this correct or is there a way to display the form in the content page.
    Thanks
    Paul
  6. Underwood84 New Member

Hi there.
    My name is Berny.
    I'm 22 now.
    I would really like to take part in this thing.
    It's a great idea.