1. Hugh (cheesegrits) here. Thank you for all the good wishes. My back surgery was a success, post-op recovery is going well, and I'm getting stronger and feeling better every day. I hope to be getting back in the saddle and working support again over the next few days.
  2. IMPORTANT NOTE - we have made some changes in our github branch naming. The 'master' branch no longer exists, and is now called 'joomla25' (which is Fabrik 3.0). The 'joomla3' branch (which is Fabrik 3.2) remains unchanged. We have also removed all the other testing branches which had accuulated over the last few years. I have posted a thread in the Community forum for 3.0 with some more information, feel free to as questions there.

Fabrik 2.0 Release?

Discussion in 'Fabrik 2.0 Beta Testing' started by rberthelette, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rberthelette New Member

Level: Community
    Is there a date for when the final stable version of Fabrik 2.0 will be released?

Keep up the great work guys! I've only been playing around with Fabrik for a day now and so far I'm loving it!

The few bugs that I've seen so far have been able to be fixed easily.

I would like to see some more interaction in the forum from all Fabrik users.

Thanks,
    Ray
  2. rob Administrator

Hi Ray

We're getting closer :) , no date has or will be set.
    This week I've replaced the pattemplate system with a simple php template system (similar to that used in Joomla1.5)
    According to the intentionally vague road map (http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=13) the only outstanding issues are

# Improved package management
    # Create extensive test suite to ensure quality of code release

Hopefully the package management can be done next week, at which point I'll probably release a beta for 2.0.
    The test suite will take longer to set up, mainly due to Fabrik's flexibility but will hopefully mean we can go forward with some clear quality tests to run before releasing a release candidate.
  3. ayehou New Member

hi,
    just joined fabrik and very eager to get hold on to the beta release
    any luck with the packaging
    maybe the beta is already out, if so where do i find it
    if not when can we expect the release

further i could not see in the roadmap documentation releases
    when do you expect that to have for version 2

thanks so much for all your wonderful work
    /io
  4. rob Administrator

Hi

package management hasn't really been started on, although its not a technically hard part to do.
    I've been getting some really good feedback from some members of the community regarding certain fixes to the code, and this is taking priority.
    As I said I can't hold or promise a date, but hopefully something will be available soon.
    Documentation will occur after the beta realase, as at this point we will have a feature freeze.

Cheers
    Rob
  5. ayehou New Member

hi dear developers of fabrik!
    how is the outlook for the beta version?
  6. rob Administrator

hi

We've been inundated with support requests the last couple of weeks, meaning we've been focussing on bug fixes for 1.0.4.
    Package management is about half way there, but no timescale for a beta release yet.
  7. mohdayub New Member

Hi,

Is there any problem with the fabrik download server? I tried so many times but I still can't download anything. TQ

Ayub
  8. ayehou New Member

any further prospect on next release?
  9. rob Administrator

Sorry no deadline, work is still underway
  10. rberthelette New Member

11. LeberMac New Member

Level: Standard
    [me=LeberMac]dangles a beer on a string and holds it in front of Graylan & Rob...[/me]
    I'll refrain from the obligatory.. "Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?" "Is it done yet?" Nonsense.

Make it good. Then release the beta.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.