1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Fabrik 3.0.3 Joomla 2.5 Install Error

Discussion in 'Fabrik 3.x Testing' started by Trueman, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Trueman New Member

Level: Community
    Hi.

I have a brand new clean install of Joomla 2.5 and have just tried to install Fabrik 3.0.3. However the install fails with the following error:

Install path does not exist
    Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: mod_fabrik_form_3.0.2.zip

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  2. nimda79 New Member

I got the same error, extracted the zip and edited all the entries of 3.0.2 to 3.0.3, saved and re-zipped it...now I got the error about not being able to find file dropdown-mins.js in plg_fabrik_element_dropdown_3.0.3.zip....fixed the xml in the plg zip file and zipped it again and it worked....

Please fix this :D
  3. nimda79 New Member

I guess the site fabrik plugin and the system-fabrik are still at 3.0.2 in the new installer also...it wants to update but cannot however
  4. nvanstrien New Member

I edited the xml file in the package to update all 3.0.2 references to 3.0.3, and got 1 step further, but still got an error.

• JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist ...../tmp/install_4f203fdf337e0/pkg_fabrik_3.0.3/packages/install_4f203fdfe497a/dropdown-mins.js
    • Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: plg_fabrik_element_dropdown_3.0.3.zip
  5. nimda79 New Member

edit the xml file in the plg_fabrik_element_dropdown_3.0.3.zip where it says: dropdown-mins.js to dropdown-min.js
    1 person likes this.
  6. nvanstrien New Member

Thanks - with these 2 fixes, it works for me.
  7. rob Administrator

thanks, a bug slipped into our build script. Its been correct, related to those issues and the zip updated on the downloads page
  8. rbuelund Member

Level: Professional
    Error

Just downloaded the zip from fabrik page - still the same error - where is the corrected zip ??
  9. JoomlaAddict Member

Level: Standard
    Yeah, the file on the download link is still broken for me too. I made the changes noted above and the install worked for me.

I tried to attach it to this post, but the file is larger than the allowed size.
  10. toshimi New Member

I-ve got this error message JFolder::create: Could not create directory
    Component Update: Failed to create admin directory: /var/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_fabrik
  11. rob Administrator

12. manzanofab Member

Hi

I am getting the same error, so i tried using a previous vertion
    3.04 and
    and those ones present the same errors ???
    Fabian
  13. troester Well-Known Member

Which of the errors mentioned in this thread?
  14. manzanofab Member

On my localhost
    I am trying to install the file
    pkg_fabrik_3.0.6.3.zip
    I got the following error message
    "There was an error uploading this file to the server."
    I dont know if my server had a restriction. I am using WAMP
    Thanks
  15. troester Well-Known Member