• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fabrik 3.8 Download not working

nunoleite

Hi!
I'm trying to download Fabrik 3.8 but it stops at 99%.

Has i saw on another posts there was a problem some days ago...

Was the zip file being hacked again? This happened before... please check if the contents are good so we aren't hacking our sites.

Thanks

Hi!
Just to add that i downloaded the file at 17/10/2017 and the zip was 7.67MB and now appears to have 8.1MB and stops at 99%.
Thanks

The files are fine. I've added some code to the release files that increased their size.

I'm chasing some spam malware on the server which is injecting some code into a core J! file, to send email. A side effect of it is that it inserts a blank line into all output from the server, including the ZIP's, which are served through html.

We're working on migrating to a J! 3.8.x site, as our site is running a shockingly old version of J!.

-- hugh

Hi!
Ok, thanks!
I tested the file and it's fine now.
I'm trying to find a bug that Fabrik is having with T3 Framewort from Joomlart so i tryed to download again the file and that's how i found the problem.
Hope you can fix de malware.
Thanks

PS: I have the team from Joomlart trying to solve the compatibility problem because with the Fabrik enabled the full image and the titles of articles are not showing. If they cannot fix it i will open a new thread here.

OK, I just committed the fixes.

The problem was to do with our new autoloading code. When we loaded the aliases for certain classes, that was causing our classes to load, and in a couple of cases that was pre-empting Joomlart's overrides of certain J! classes.

So try updating from github, see if that helps.

If not, post about it here - I've been doing a lot of work on JA template compatibility in the last few weeks, I can probably find the issue quicker than they can.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/aac43c6996505d03a2e43212b48fed9775ee9f77

-- hugh

The specific issue those commits fix are the way the pagination layout gets rendered. But I think they may fix some other issues as well.

-- hugh

I downloaded the news package fabrik 3.8 and installed
Then overwritten the 4 files from git and yes, the problem is solved.
Thank you very much.
I will report this to Joomlart so they know the problem is fixed, because they where investigating this...
Again thank you for the fast fix.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And please pass on my regards to the JA folk, and thank them for putting in the effort.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back