1. Hugh is now back at work, more or less full time, after a slower than expected recovery from his neck surgery early this month. Obviously we have a backlog of support to clear, and are working as hard as we can to take care of it. If you have an unanswered thread more than 3 days old, please post one (and only one) "bump" on it, to move it in to our "last 3 days" list. If you have an unanswered issue in a forum you no longer have access to due to subscriptions timing out, please use the Contact Us form, and provide us with the URL to the thread.

Fabrik "Advanced Search" and "Search" issues

Discussion in 'Community' started by riz, Jul 22, 2009.

1. riz New Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

Issues with Search and Advanced Search are as:

1) At the very begining when I do the "Advanced Search" and Apply with criteria I get the "500 - View not found [name, type, prefix]: frontpage,html,fabrikView" error page.

2) Now if I filter with "Search" I get the correct results in table but the module is repeated (there is only one entry in the Module).

3) Now I do the "Advanced Search" and Apply with criteria I get the correct results in table but same repeated module.

Can anyone let me know what is the issue.

Looking forward,

Regards,

Riz
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Can you point us at the page?

-- hugh
  3. riz New Member

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the reply. No, I am on my localhost as yet.

Any other solution.

Thanks,

Riz
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

What version of Fabrik is this? Is it the original RC3 ZIP from the downloads area, or a recent SVN or nightly build?

If it isn't a recent build, try updating to the most recent nightly build ZIP (or SVN if you are comfortable with that).

This may not fix anything, but at least we'll know you are running the most recent code, and we're not chasiong a bug that has already been fixed.

If the problem persists, can you post screenshots of what you mean in 2) and 3).

Last thing, can you check on your server in ...

/components/com_fabrik/views/table/tmpl

.. and make sure there is a file called _advancedsearch.php, all lower case. It should be the ONLY file starting with an _ in that folder.

-- hugh
  5. riz New Member

Hello Hugh,

Thanks for your input.

I have latest Nightly Build i.e. com_fabrik_2.0rc3_22-07-2009.zip

I checked after that but still same issue.

Do you suggest SCN? If so then please let me know I will do the latest SVN and check again or Nightly Build is enough.

Looking forward.

Thanks,

Riz
  6. riz New Member

Hi Hugh,

I check the _advancedsearch.php file in /components/com_fabrik/views/table/tmpl and its not there.

Please let me know from where I can get it? SVN?

Looking forward,

Regards,

Riz
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Hmmm, it should be there from the install.

Yeah, try updating from SVN. Check out the trunk, and just upload everything.

-- hugh
  8. riz New Member

Hi Hugh,

How nuts I am. That file was there. And the problem remains there.

Do you want to me to SVN or you need the screen shots?

Regards,

Riz
  9. cheesegrits Support Gopher

It's going to be almost impossible to debug this one without being able to access your server. Are you on a broadband connection? If so, what router do you use? I could probably show you how to temporarily give me access ...

-- hugh
  10. riz New Member

Hi Hugh,

Those issues about duplication has been settled. Now there are two issues:

1) For the very first time the Advanced Search results in the 500 error.
    2) The FIELD type Search option is not working. Please advise what settings to be made in the ELEMENT.

Thanks,

Riz
  11. rob Administrator

we cant replicate either of these issues, for the fieldtype search option you are editing the elements you want to use as filters and going to their table settings tab and selecting the filter type you want to show?