Fabrik and Plotalot with variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not choosing another chart from the dropdown. i have a dropdown with the various years and give that as a parameter to the chart. so if i load the page with the inital chart, all shows properly. whether i use the parameter or not, as soon as it recalcs (either by choosing an option on the dropdown OR by setting "Calc on Load" = on), then the helper does not work anymore with me, it shows no more chart at all. Have you tried to set "Calc on load" zzzz54? does yours still show? only if that works, i will then try to re-implement my parameter with the dropdown field (P1 =...)

i am not choosing another chart from the dropdown. i have a dropdown with the various years and give that as a parameter to the chart. so if i load the page with the inital chart, all shows properly. whether i use the parameter or not, as soon as it recalcs (either by choosing an option on the dropdown OR by setting "Calc on Load" = on), then the helper does not work anymore with me, it shows no more chart at all. Have you tried to set "Calc on load" zzzz54? does yours still show? only if that works, i will then try to re-implement my parameter with the dropdown field (P1 =...)
I can confirm that passing the plotalot id value static (not dinamically) render the chart when the form is loaded (if the calc element is setup to cal on load =off). When you pass the plotalot id dinamicaly using placeholders the chart doesn?t get shown when the form is loaded BUT, if you change the value the chart is render ONLY IF the chart selected a "single field chart".

Ideas about this issue: I?m thinking that the helper is perfoming some cleaning on the data set delivered by plotalotplugin.

// update: My advice for you @susannanam, create some charts of type "single item field" in order to test that the param can be passed dinamically, and try to represent the behaviour that you want (doesn?t matter is your desired type of chart is another one). If works with "single item" for you, you can say that you have discarted some possible causes of the problem, and maybe this information could be helpull to hugh for address a solution for us.

Last edited:
so we have the calc element that shows the chart for now (assuming that calc on load = off)... but we have not yet implemented the parameter as in my initial post. if i go back to that initial post, i have the dropdown field that can be selected by the customer and that will then change the chart accordingly (in its values). i'm observing the dropdown field and yes it does update :) but as mentioned before, it does not show the new values but it all of a sudden has an empty space instead of the chart. i still try with the very same chart without parameters to avoid any syntax issues...

so we have the calc element that shows the chart for now (assuming that calc on load = off)... but we have not yet implemented the parameter as in my initial post. if i go back to that initial post, i have the dropdown field that can be selected by the customer and that will then change the chart accordingly (in its values). i'm observing the dropdown field and yes it does update :) but as mentioned before, it does not show the new values but it all of a sudden has an empty space instead of the chart. i still try with the very same chart without parameters to avoid any syntax issues...
like i said before, i?m thinking that the issue is related to the type of chart.

if you mean by single item a 1 plot chart, then this is what i have :(
I meant this:
KhO766v.jpg

oh i see, you mean an item instead of a chart :( i do have some of those, i usually use them together with the text in an article. i will try out and let you know...

ok, i got it working with the single item and a parameter:
Code:
$year ='{mac9k_filters___school_year}';
$myString = '{plotalot id="21" P1="' . $year . '"}';
FabrikHelperHTML::runContentPlugins($myString);
return $myString;

:))) but the chart is not working, it remains empty :( Hugh, do you maybe have an idea what could be the issue?

does anyone else have an idea? is it working somewhere with a chart that updates with variables??? anyone who has this up and running please???

or otherwise, is there someone else here that uses charts with fabrik? gives over parameters from fabrik to the charts? what extension are you using? i am willing to start from scratch but i just need a working solution please, any hint is sooooooooo welcome :) thanks

I've never tried doing what you are trying to do, so no, I don't have any ideas. The route I suggested should work. As it doesn't, I'd have to load up plotalot and debug the process, but that's outside the scope of subscription support.

-- hugh

hi Hugh,

would you have time to check that? it is important for me so i am willing to pay of course. do you have an idea how much time it would take to check it out?
thanks
susanne

Probably about an hour, to get plotalot installed (is it free?), set up a test case, and step through the code to establish what the problem is.

But of course I don't know what will be involved in actually fixing the issue. That's just the time investment just to figure out whether I can or not. Could be a 2 second, one line fix, could be a rewrite of huge swathes of Fabrik.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back