Fabrik Element - captcha

robjen

Hello,

Have just installed the Fabrik Element - captcha plugin in Fabrik 3.

When I click on New element, in order to set-up captcha in my form, the admin screen just goes blank - all I see is a white page.

When I then disable the Fabrik Element - captcha plugin everything is back to normal.

I installed the plugin using the normal Joomla Extension Manager.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Regards,
robjen

I can't replicate this.

Can you try increasing the error reporting level in J!'s Global config, under the Server tab, to Maximum. Then re-enable the plugin, and see if you get any meaningful error report?

Also, what is your memory_limit in PHP set to?

-- hugh

Hello cheesegrits,

I did as you suggested and this is the error message:

Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementCaptcha::isHidden() must be public (as in class plgFabrik_Element) in /home/fxsel/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/captcha/captcha.php on line 365

I opened the plugin and the Access was set to public.

Hope this helps you sort out the problem.

Regards,
robjen

Hello cheesegrits,

I was curious to know what line 356 of captcha.php was.

Here are the last 4 lines of the file.

Line 365 is the second last line - the '}'.

return implode('+', $rgb);
}
}
?>

Hope that helps.

Regards,
robjen

Hello cheesegrits,

Thanks for that information.

I downloaded the github ZIP as you suggested.

I unzipped the download and went through every folder, very carefully, and added one or two things at a time, then did a purge and discover to install anything that needed to be.

Everything now seems to be OK except for one thing!

I can click on the Elements tab and the items are showing for each form as normal. I can click on any of the elements and they open up as they shoud.

Problem is when I click on the New button to add a new Element the admin interface is gone and all I see is a white page without any css styling, everything stacked on top of each other, and no buttons.

I double-checked that all plugins are installed. Some how or other the layout has broken.

Do you have a suggestion for this one?

Thanks.

Regards,
robjen

Hello cheesegrits,

Thanks for that information.

I downloaded the github ZIP as you suggested.

I unzipped the download and went through every folder, very carefully, and added one or two things at a time, then did a purge and discover to install anything that needed to be.

Everything now seems to be OK except for one thing!

I can click on the Elements tab and the items are showing for each form as normal. I can click on any of the elements and they open up as they shoud.

Problem is when I click on the New button to add a new Element the admin interface is gone and all I see is a white page without any css styling, everything stacked on top of each other, and no buttons.

I double-checked that all plugins are installed. Some how or other the layout has broken.

Do you have a suggestion for this one?

Thanks.

Regards,
robjen

Hi Robjen,

You shouldn't just copy over a few files that you think is necessary to update. You'd have to copy all of them over because several changes to one file means several changes to another, and so forth.

I have tried doing this before and my site never works right.

After downloading the github folder, copy the administrator, components, libraries, media, modules, and plugins folder and overwrite your files.

If you already did this then disregard what I said. :)

Don't forget to clear cache. :p

Hello Tessa and Cheesegrits,

I gave up on trying to solve the problem yesterday and went on to other things.

After I saw your post I opened the site again a few minutes ago and blow me down, everything is working as it should. Go figure.

Maybe all it needed was a good rest.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this problem sorted.

Regards,
robjen

You can't add fields to this list

Hello again,

Sorry, there is one more problem.

I created a new form, added a new element, tried to save the element but got the following error message.

You can't add fields to this list!

Found some old posts that directed the user to open the Fabrik Elements Options settings.

In the List tab there are three options available for Alter field types:
Yes
Add new fields only
No

I have tried each one but still cannot save the element.

Once again, some help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
robjen

Hello again,

Sorry, there is one more problem.

I created a new form, added a new element, tried to save the element but got the following error message.

You can't add fields to this list!

Found some old posts that directed the user to open the Fabrik Elements Options settings.

In the List tab there are three options available for Alter field types:
Yes
Add new fields only
No

I have tried each one but still cannot save the element.

Once again, some help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
robjen

Hi Robjen,

The only way your site could be causing problems is not having the latest version of Fabrik.

All my Fabrik sites work 100% perfectly (besides user errors), so all your errors are only happening on your site.

You need to update your files. If you have questions on how to update from github, don't be afraid to ask.

Completely random but you do realise there are two cats and a hippo dealing with this thread....

That post was very unnecessary. :)

Sometimes people will actually take a step and do what is said when they see 2 different people asking the same thing. I was really trying to "push" it.

Am I right or wrong?

Thank you. =]

Hello Tessa,

Thanks for your advice.

I will download the latest from github and re-install everything again.

Regards,

robjen

No need to re-install. Just unzip the latest github, and upload EVERYTHING, in "always overwrite" mode (or whatever your ftp client calls it) over the top of your existing files.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back