1. We apologize for the slow support at the moment. Hugh (cheesegrits) is scheduled for some major back surgery this month to repair two ruptured discs which are severely hampering his ability to work, and one of our stalwart community support members is on vacation for the month. Please bear with us.

fabrik form module submission problems

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by keroman, Mar 23, 2012.

1. keroman Member

Level: Community
    I want to put a form in a fabrik form module on a page where there is a table.

I however can't validate that form nor be redirected to an other page using te redirection plugin.

I set "use ajax" option on both position. When this option is on "yes" there is a box with a spinner which is indefinitly displayed, and set on "no" the form is reloaded. In both case none of the submitted data are recorded into the database and I am not redirected to the page indicated in the redirect plugin of that form.

What should I do to make it work ?
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Can you point me at the page?

-- hugh
  3. keroman Member

4. keroman Member

Let me explain a little bit what I did.

I want a newly registred to be obliged to select the currency associated to his account. I therefore have that form (and the transparent grey background) which are displayed when the result of a query on a customer_currency table return is empty.

After the customer subimitted the form I make a redirection on the same page, but as the result of this form is supposed to be recorded in the customer_currency table the result of the query is not empty and as a consequence that form (and the transparent grey background) does not appear anymore.

A kind of "modal box" without modal box in fact...
  5. keroman Member

The form in question is the #300. It is placed in a <div> called "popup_content". The backrgound is the <div> called "popup".

These 2 divs are in the head of my template with the following script

PHP:

<?php
    $user =& JFactory::getUser();
    $id = $user->get('id');
    $db =& JFactory::getDBO();
    $db->setQuery("SELECT `devise` FROM `jom15_fab_user_devise` WHERE `id_user` = $id");
    $devise = $db->loadResult();
    if (empty($devise)) { ?>
    <div id="popup" >
    <div id="popup_content" ><jdoc:include type="modules" name="full_screen" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php
    } ?>

The underlying table of form #300 is `jom15_fab_user_devise`.
  6. cheesegrits Support Gopher

As far as I can tell, the problem was that your id_user element on form 300 was a field, with an incorrect eval'ed default that was trying to set the user ID. So the form was submitting, but it wasn't setting the id_user element with the user ID. So on the next page load, your test to see if there is a row with the matching id_user doesn't find anything, so your form pops up again.

I set id_user to be a normal 'user' element, and the logic now seems to work. I set my currency, it recorded a new row with my user ID and currency, and on the next page load, the form does not show.

-- hugh
  7. keroman Member

Great. thanks !
  8. keroman Member

Hugh,

I have problems with 2 other forms which are displayed using the method described in that thread:

- forms displayed depending on the result return by a query on a table.

- a redirection on the same page after the form submission.

After the validation of these forms, the submited data are recorded but:

- I have a message of validation with a spinner which is displayed indefinitly.
    - the page isn't reloaded.

You can see the problem on the forms displayed on the middle of the pages reached after login from http://marinewanted.com/joomla1.5/ with the following details:

Tino@domain3.com/domain1 - form 456
    Toni/domain1 - form 460

You will probably see the problem on one of these 2 page only, as I can't block the access to the whole site. These 2 forms are however very similar and the problem will most certainly be exactly the same on both forms.
  9. rob Administrator

hmm i could only test once - can you PM me an admin login so I can remove the record i added to test again please?

-Rob
  10. keroman Member

Rob, I just sent a PM to you.
  11. keroman Member

Friendly bump.
  12. keroman Member

Friendly bump.

This problem will have to be solved ...
  13. rob Administrator

14. keroman Member

You didn't miss anything. I just working on that part of the site and I therefore desactivate this form.

Try with Toni/domain1.

If you want to test the form again you need to:

- Access the backend of the site with the details I sent to yu by PM.
    - Delete in table #293 the row where id_user=188.
    - Reload the page where the form is displayed.
  15. keroman Member

I don't know if you did something, but it seems to work when I set "use ajax" to "no" in the mod_fabrik_form settings.