Fabrik PayPal form Sandbox issues

gnavarro

Hi,

I'm testing my PayPal form with sandbox account. I can buy but I'm not receiving any IPN Data and the used fabrik placeholders are not working in 'Item' and in the returning URL for the 'After payment'. Also the return message is not what I've defined... just says 'thanks'!

You can verify the form in the following url:
http://www.fisiolar.pt/index.php/pt/financas/liquidar-sessoes/form/15/4781
just submit the form.

Do I need to give you the sand box buyer account access, or you use one of your own?

Is this a known issue?... Am I missing something?

PayPal definitely works.

But setting it up can be difficult, and it's not something we can do on a subscription basis, simply because there's no way for me to debug IPN issues remotely, as it's communication between your server and PayPal.

The only way I can help is by cloning your site, installing it here, setting up the PayPal debug settings to get through my router, and debugging the callbacks as they come in from PayPal. Which would have to be done on an hourly billed basis.

FYI, I can't even load that form, I get a "Subquery returns more than 1 row" error, when logged in as 'fabrik'.

Oh, one thing you can do is check your logs, in #__fabrik_log. There should be a number of log entries for each transaction, which may give you a clue.

If the IPN calls are hitting your server, you should get at least a 'fabrik.ipn.start', and then one or more ipndebug / ipnfailure logs.

-- hugh

Hugh,

I would really like to have paypal working correctly on my site what do you need from my side to accomplish this task?

You can find fabrik log in http://www.fisiolar.pt/flar_fabrik_log.csv

FYI, I can't even load that form, I get a "Subquery returns more than 1 row" error, when logged in as 'fabrik'.
You can now load the form correctly for 'fabrik' account.

I appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did you look at the logs? It's saying:

No IPN txn or status fields specified

... which means you don't seem to have assigned the fields for the txn ID or status in the plugin settings, which means we can't record the IPN responses.

-- hugh

But the good news is that the IPN responses are hitting your server from PayPal. I think you just need to configure the plugin properly, and assign at least the txn ID and status fields that you want to record the response data in.

-- hugh

Hugh,

I realise that but I've created all IPN Fields in the list and configured them in the plugin. That's why I don't know what else to do!

Can you please take a look at my configuration? I can't find what I am missing!

As I said in my first response, the only way I can debug this is by setting up a clone of your site and debugging it locally, for which I would have to charge an hourly rate. If it turns out to be a bug, I'd reduce the cost, but still have to cover my time.

I've started the process of downloading an Akeeba backup.

Let me know if you want me to continue setting up a test site with it.

-- hugh

My first attempt at restoring the site here with kickstart failed, as it looks like the multi-part archive was corrupted. It's two files, 2gb and 500mb.

I'm redownloading via ftp, will try again.

If there's something you can do to reduce the size of the archive (I just used the "Default profile") let me know.

-- hugh

OK, I'll need the smaller archive, with any huge files removed. I just got:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 341566666 bytes)

... after already upping my memory limit from 128 to 512.

... so it's trying to handle a file of about 340mb inside the archive.

-- hugh

OK, I'm finally making some progress, and identified a couple of issues. It's a mix of problems, partly to do with differences in the way different PayPal regions return information, partly to do with PHP versions, and partly with something very specific to do with your configuration.

But I'm finally able to get breakpoints firing in the IPN calls from PayPal, and think I'll have it fixed soon.

I'm happy to split the time 50/50 with you, but it's still going to be a couple of hours work (I'm about 3.5 hours in so far).

-- hugh

OK, I've uploaded some changes. I ran a successful payment in the copy of your site here, let me know if it works on your site.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back