Fabrik Slideshow Element

Discussion in 'Community' started by nine007, Sep 11, 2009.

1. nine007 Member

Level: Community
    Good Day

Could someone please tell me in detail or make a demo in the fabrik demo how the Fabrik Slideshow Element works, I just can fiqure it out.

Each user can upload his own pictures, and I want each users pictures to show in their own detail form with the fabrik Slideshow element, (for real estate site).

Thank you
  2. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Actually, I originally built both the slideshow element and the visualization for use with a real estate site.

Are you by any chance using the rowid=-1/usekey method (a 'user profile' type menu link) to load the form with the repeat 'file upload' group (the one-to-many joined group to the pictures table) on it?

-- hugh
  3. nine007 Member

Don't Understand

Good Day

Thank you for your responce. I don't understand what you mean by "Are you by any chance using the rowid=-1/usekey method (a 'user profile' type menu link) to load the form with the repeat 'file upload' group (the one-to-many joined group to the pictures table) on it?"

I think if you can maybe setup a demo on the fabrik demo site, so that I can see what you mean, I will understand it more. What I have done: a group called photos set on repeat, with one file upload element in it. Created a folder in root with folder called thumbs in that folder. I think that is right, but I cannot fiqure out the slide show element.

Thank you
  4. cheesegrits Support Gopher

If you don't know what rowid=-1/usekey method is then you probably aren't using it. :)

Basically, that's they way we allow you to create "one row per user" records, based on their Joomla user ID, for instance for creating user profiles.

Anyway, the example slideshow I started building on my test machine to answer your original question was using this 'one per user' approach, and I uncovered a nasty bug with the usekey stuff, which I needed to get fixed before I could show you how the slideshow element worked.

I'm still testing those fixes, plus a couple of little issues I just noticed with the slideshow element itself (you are actually the first person to use this element, I think, since I wrote it for one specific client ... so there's probably a few little bugs in it).

I'll get back to you when I've tested and committed the changes I've been making.

-- hugh
  5. cheesegrits Support Gopher

[This is going to seem overwhelmingly complicated at first ... just bear with me, we'll get you stepped through it!]

First thing, you'll need to update from SVN to get a couple of fixes to the slideshow element. Let me know if you need help with that.

OK, no, that's not the way this element was designed to work. You are on the right track, but ... basically the file upload element has to be on a separate table.

The slideshow element expects your picture data to be in a separate, joined table. So lets say you have a 'properties' table, and want to add pictures to it ... you would create a new form/table for 'pictures', and add the following 3 elements to it:

picture: file upload element (preferably with a setup for thumbs)
    caption: simple field element (text) for the picture caption
    property_id: a database join element, to the primary key of the properties table.

Once you have that table created, go to your 'properties' table and make a table join, from properties.fabrik_internal_id to pictures.property_id.

When you save that change, Fabrik will create a new group for you, called "Properties - [pictures]" (or some such). Edit that new group, and set "Show Repeat" to Yes.

Now you have two tables, with a 'one to many' relationship between them, where individual 'property' rows can have multiple pictures.

Then in the slideshow settings, set the dropdowns as follows:

Image table: pictures
    FK element: property_id
    File element: picture
    Caption element: caption
  6. nine007 Member

Slideshow

Thank you for your reply.

I have done everything you said, but the pictures wont show in the slideshow element, I have retraced all the steps again, but still no pics in slides.

I don't know what it can be.
  7. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Did you update your site to the latest SVN?

-- hugh
  8. nine007 Member

Slideshow

Hello

Yes, I did an update to the latest svn. Just this morning I have redone the thing again, everything goes acording to what you have told me to do, but the slideshow element wont show the pictures, I have tested the visualisasion slideshow, and that does work, but I need the slideshow element.

Thank you
  9. rob Administrator

can you point us at the page/url?

Rob
  10. nine007 Member

slideshow

Good Day

Sorry, but the site is currently on localhost, I know I must be doing something wrong somewhere but I just don't know. I think the best is if you could add a demo on fabrik demo site, I know you are very busy, and I don't want to intrude on your busy schedule.

But I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
  11. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I'll try and find some time to do that.

-- hugh
    1 person likes this.
  12. cheesegrits Support Gopher

13. nine007 Member

No table in database

Good Day

Thank you for the demo, and spending your time on doing it, I have done what you did, and did a test, then suddenly I get sql errors, I went to have look at the mysql database and there is no table for the pictures, I went back to fabric and created a new table for leads, went back to mysql database and again no table for leads, so what ever table I create in fabric, publish it and everything, it does not create the table in mysql database, is this a bug? I am using the latest svn.

Thank you
  14. cheesegrits Support Gopher

Can you install Jing ...

http://www.jingproject.com/

... which is free ... and record a video of what you are doing to create your tables. I don't think there's a bug, as we'd be swamped with bug reports if we were failing to create tables.

-- hugh
  15. nine007 Member

Thank you

Thank you, all is working now, had to redo all my elements, don't know what went wrong.

The only thing is now when I submit the form using fabrik2article the slideshow element does not want to work in joomla content, otherwise it works perfectly, I have played with the filter in joomla articles changing the settings to blacklist, whitelist and html, but with no results, any work around in this?

Thank you
  16. cheesegrits Support Gopher

I haven't yet worked out how to get the JavaScript loaded when using fabrik2article.

But I do have that exact test case in one of the forms I'm using for testing / developing f2a with, and it's one of the next things on the list to fix.

-- hugh
  17. dantheafrican New Member

Level: Standard
    Slideshow Demo

Hi, Is there currently a slide show demo available with the various display options.

I'm looking at using this for a property website & hoping I can use fabrik to lay out the image gallery for each property.

Cheers
  18. vasikgreif New Member

Hi everybody, I tried to follow the example in this thread, but it seems to be outdated by now. Could someone post here an guide how to setup the slideshow plugin? Thanks
  19. Kramer New Member

Hi@all, I followed the Howto in this Threat, but there are no pictures in slider.

Is there another tut?
  20. felixkat Senior Member

What version of Fabrik are you using?