Fabrik with Gavik, Yootheme, Rockettheme - Responsiveness

littleangel

I realize that Fabrik has taken extensive efforts to incorporate the Bootstrap framework (and it looks fabulous on default J!3.1 templates).

My problem is that since the major J! template providers are all coming up with their own framework, what's the solution for those of us who want to use Fabrik for responsive design? Do we need to custom tailor a series of css libraries so that it appears correctly in each framework?

Very good point!

I'm using Warp 6, Warp 7 and Uikit all from Yootheme. Every time is a deep journey and workarounds to make things work.

I consider my self a beginner in styling Fabrik... could anyone, please, be as kind as recommending tutorials on this subject.

We're kind of at the mercy of J! and the template community at the moment. The roadmap for J! 3.x had been "Bootstrap all the way", but it seems that this is taking time to settle down, and for all the major template builders to agree on a version of Bootstrap, and how J! provides support for non-BS templates.

At the moment, there's not much we can do except try and help get styling sorted out on a per-case basis when folk have issues with other frameworks.

-- hugh

Actually its a bit more complicated even than that. The fabrik HTML typically sits inside a Joomla modules which sits inside the responsive page. Different templates implement responsiveness in slightly different ways - in particular they can select different pixel widths for the screen at which to switch to responsive mode (though 768px seems to be reasonably frequent) - and then the Fabrik HTML div will have a different width depending on what is defined outside it.

However, when I get to the point of an almost live system that needs tweaking for responsiveness I will look at the Fabrik HTML and CSS and see if there is anything I can do in the Fabrik CSS to tweak it.

can of worms eh!
In Fabrik 4 - due out probably in 3 years time lol, I'm trying to abstract away any markup classes and put them in some kind of presentation layer, so fabrik's code would say "render me a button!" then we'd go away and get a layout class derived from which ever J template/system whatever you were using.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back