• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fatal error when saving form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

When saving a form that used to work, I get this fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get() in /home/livingjfq/public_html/j3/components/com_fabrik/models/join.php on line 158

This is after update to GitHub 613.

I assume there's a CDD?
Rob tried to fix a "CDD in repeat group in new record" issue, I've seen this error, too.
the CDD handling seems ok now but on Save I get
Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get() in C:\xampp\htdocs\j3\components\com_fabrik\models\join.php on line 158

Rob just merged some changes in from the 'repeat element' branch, where he's re-written how repeat elements work. That is, elements which build implicit many-to-many relationships, like AJAX uploads, or join elements being rendered as multiselect dropdowns or checkbox.

So there may be some teething trouble with joins.

rob ?

-- hugh

There is a great progress in the sense that now the data in the repeat elements show in the list view (while they did not in the past).
However there are still some issues.

The way I use is as follow :
  1. I have a form that collects some data (without storing them in the database). When you submit the form, a PHP plugin performs some calculation, stores the data in the session and redirect the user to another form where he can review his choices and accept or reject them.
  2. This works fine if I use a dropdown for the databasejoin, except for the fatal error reported above (but the data is correctly saved in the database)
  3. If I use instead the checkbox rendering, no checkbox is checked when the form loads. However, if I set the element in "read only" mode (setting the form access level to "Nobody"), the correct data (loaded from the session) is shown (which is how I'd want to use it anyway). However, when I save the form, I still get the fatal error and no data is store is the repeat table (all other data are stored correctly in the "main" table though).
I hope these explanations make sense and the issue is fixable as this is highly important to me.

Can you start by just giving me a clear cut, simple test case for duplicating that fatal error, as I don't seem to be able to replicate this.

Then we can get in to your tortuous corner case of using PHP plugins and session data.

-- hugh

at a guess could you try this:
edit components/com_fabrik/models/join.php and replace line 110:

PHP:
$this->join->params = json_decode($this->join->params);

with

PHP:
$this->join->params = new JRegistry($this->join->params);

Right on the nose!

I guess Hugh did not catch it because he tested it on Joomla 3.0 while Joomla 3.1 seemed to have brought some changes in the params settings. I already had problems (solved by you) with validations and settings.

Anyway, your fix solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back