Field ordering problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimoss

Hi

1. After an update to J! 3.3.3 and Github 8-9-2014 I see in some fields that even if I haven't put the setting 'Allow orderring' to Yes, it allows ordering on the list.
2. Another problem with the ordering is that on the 3rd click it doesn't go back to default state but it gives an error.

Code:
500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list :

invalid order direction: -

I noticed that the fields which allows ordering are the same with them I have choose to the list setting 'Order by'. When I remove the field from the Ordr by setting then it automatically removes the capability to order click on the field label on the list.
This is strange because in all versions of Fabrik I have ever used this is independent. Is there any change?

Thanks

Hi Troester

Thanks for the reply.
What about the first issue?
Can you confirm this one also?

Thanks

Troster added a fix for this issue, and I've just merged her pull request into the joomla3 branch on github

#1 should be fixed. The issue was that it was showing the order icons for those fields which had been set in the list or module to be the default ordering.
It makes sense that the user should know that the list is ordered in that way, but if the element is set to not allow ordering then that icon should not be clickable.

Hi Rob

Updating to the latest Github didn't resolve the #1 issue.
The order icon is still clickable even if I have set it to not allow ordering.
Thanks

Can you identify which elements are incorrectly getting the icon? Are they ones designated in a list module for ordering?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh

Yes, the elements which are designated for ordering in the list get the icon even if I have setup them to not allow ordering in their settings.
Thanks

But is that under the regular List settings, or specifically when using the list in a module?

It looks like the update that caused this was me trying to fix an issue whereby the order by settings in the list module simple weren't being applied. So I'm trying to work out how to resolve that, and knowing specifically what causes your issue will help.

-- hugh

Yes, it's for the elements that have been set to order under regular list settings.
These elements show the order icon even in their settings are not allow ordering.

OK, I've removed the change I made in that commit, as I think it was the wrong thing to "fix", and we've actually fixed that issue elsewhere.

-- hugh

I confirm that the issue fixed when updating to the latest Github.
Thanks Hugh..:)
Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back