1. Fabrik 3.8.1 has been released. It is mostly bug fixes and feature enhancements, but does include two new plugins (push notifications, and the sequence element). As usual we strongly recommend testing the new release on a sandbox if your application is mission critical, and always do an Akeeba backup before updating.
    Dismiss Notice

File upload element uploading 0kb pdf files for the server!

Discussion in 'Community' started by gnavarro, Sep 14, 2018 at 5:43 PM.

1. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

I've the last Joomla and Fabrik versions also updated today through github .

Just noticed that all my file upload elements are uploading to my server pdf files with 0 bytes but is uploading correctly image files being the issue only for pdf extensions. This is happening with and without Ajax upload enabled! I've tried numerous different options on the element to better mitigate the issue but the problem persists!

Is this a known issue? Is someone else being affected by this?

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance!

2. troester

troester Administrator Staff Member

Upload of PDFs is working fine on my site (normal upload and ajax upload).

Do you have pdf set as
    Legal Extensions (File Types)
    Legal MIME Types
    in Media Options?

3. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

I'm checking on my dev server now.

-- hugh

4. cheesegrits

Also, do you have "PDF thumbnails" enabled? I was playing around with that last week trying to get it working again, and it's possible if that option is enabled, I may have broken it even more.

-- hugh

5. troester

Even with "PDF thumbs" the file itself is uploaded correctly.
    But I get a system message
    upload_2018-9-14_19-43-57.png

6. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

With the option enabled or disabled always the same issue!

7. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Yes... Just confirm it and did never touch it!

8. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 7:36 PM
  9. troester

Your fileupload (if I got the correct element) is set to Device Capture = ImageFile/Camera.
    Try with setting this to Off.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but also try with "Allowed File Types" without the "." (so jpg,pdf... not .jpg,.pdf...)

10. troester

Where are you creating the filename?
    Your element sets obscurify with length=15 but the only file I can see after I've tried to upload a pdf is much longer (and the filenames don't look very obscurified).

11. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Tried both and nothing

I've a list php plugin to change the file name in the folder /arquivo/documentos_tratamentos... nevertheless I've already disabled this plugin and the result is the same

12. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Friendly Bump :) Any more changes I could try?

13. troester

No idea.
    Can you try with a totally new test list/form/fileupload element with all default?
    To see if it's a general problem on your server or related to just this list/element.

14. cheesegrits

If I need to install the Akeeba, we'll need to charge for the time. Let me know if you want to go ahead with that.

Hopefully this week we'll be announcing the changes to the way we provide support.

-- hugh

15. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Ok Hugh,

Go ahead... Can I just buy a month support subscription?

16. cheesegrits

We're doing away with monthly "all you can eat" subscriptions. Subs have only been paying for about half of a very minimal salary for one person for a long time now. So we either had to massively increase sub costs (we've only raised prices twice, I think, in over 10 years), or move to a "pay as you go" system. I'll be posting an announcement / discussion thread about it soon. At the moment, I'm working on the tools we need to implement it as seamlessly as possible. We'll be honoring any existing subs, so folk who have paid in advance won't lose out.

In the mean time, we can invoice by hand for any custom / hands on work that needs doing.

-- hugh

17. cheesegrits

BTW, I just noticed you are running with PHP 7.0.x. I strongly suggest you update to at least 7.1.x, although we should be good on 7.2.x (I've been running it on my dev boxes for several months, and committed various related fixes to github).

PHP 7.0.x is now end of lifed, no more security updates, and it has a number of known issues that hurt performance.

-- hugh

18. gnavarro

gnavarro Member

Ok I'll handle that. Thanks!