1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

Fileupload and crop not working on mobile

Discussion in 'Community' started by rbuelund, May 8, 2019.

1. rbuelund

rbuelund Member

Level: Community
    I use the fileupload with ajax and crop enabled. It is not possible to move the crop square on a mobile ??

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Dunno, never tried.

I'll give it a go.

-- hugh

3. p38

p38 Member

I would be keen to know as well, a while back I also wanted to use this option, but the mobile aspect did not work as well, so I did not use ajax file upload, but rather standard upload

4. rbuelund

rbuelund Member

Anything new on this issue ?

5. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

6. cheesegrits

OK, did some digging.

The Canvas library we are using is ancient, and simply doesn't support mobile / touch.

So the only option to get that working is for me to rewrite our ImageWidget class in the upload element, using either a more up to date HTML5 Canvas library, or vanilla JS.

-- hugh

lousyfool likes this.
  7. rbuelund

rbuelund Member

..soo will this be something your are gonna do or ? People rely greatly on mobile devices today, så is it useless without mobile support.

8. cheesegrits

As with any feature requiring significant work (which this would), it'll happen when either a) I need it for one of our direct clients, or b) someone funds the work.

I doubt a) is going to happen any time soon, as in the approx 10 years that feature has been there, I've never once personally used it, for myself or a client.

-- hugh